Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Classic Bass Rig

Firstly, I have absolutely no affiliation with this sale.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trace-Elliot-/110733088523?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item19c834d70b"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trace-Elliot-/11...=item19c834d70b[/url]

I used to gig with an identical rig around '94/5. It was a fantastic rig, with perfect tone. Seeing this took me right back to lugging the heavy cabs out the car to the pub door, up the steps.....they werent the lightest, but they sounded fab.

Someones gonna upset the neighbours with this great set up :) .

Future classic vintage piece i think.

Love 'em. Must be the green carpet!!

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1353176' date='Aug 26 2011, 11:19 PM']Firstly, I have absolutely no affiliation with this sale.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trace-Elliot-/110733088523?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item19c834d70b"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trace-Elliot-/11...=item19c834d70b[/url]

I used to gig with an identical rig around '94/5. It was a fantastic rig, with perfect tone. Seeing this took me right back to lugging the heavy cabs out the car to the pub door, up the steps.....they werent the lightest, but they sounded fab.

Someones gonna upset the neighbours with this great set up :) .

Future classic vintage piece i think.

Love 'em. Must be the green carpet!![/quote]
I'll vouch for that!
That's almost my set up, except I have the 15" combo GP12 SMX with an older series 2x10 (w/2x5) cab.
Funny thing is I've been toying lately with finally letting it all go in favour of something a little more lightweight but am just not sure. Whenever I go out with it, it just does what I need it to do. Ah well... maybe I'll hang on to it a little longer... :)

[quote name='Stingray5' post='1353187' date='Aug 26 2011, 11:45 PM']I'll vouch for that!
That's almost my set up, except I have the 15" combo GP12 SMX with an older series 2x10 (w/2x5) cab.
Funny thing is I've been toying lately with finally letting it all go in favour of something a little more lightweight but am just not sure. Whenever I go out with it, it just does what I need it to do. Ah well... maybe I'll hang on to it a little longer... :)[/quote]

I wouldnt have sold it if i was still gigging. Like you say, does everything you want, reliable; responsive, simple controls; sturdy, brilliant kit. Heavy, but then most bass gear is isnt it?!

I was expecting the BIG 4x10 & 1x15 (vinyl covered) with the MAHOOSIVE amp with the UV light... that rig's the baby one! :)

I had both of the above set ups (way back when, and the compact rig was the first generation vinyl covered) and I'm sure my present rig is every bit as good as those rigs at half the weight and size but time plays tricks on you and I would love to blast through those old rigs one more time... so long as I didn't have to carry it back out to the van. :lol: :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1353310' date='Aug 27 2011, 08:39 AM']I was expecting the BIG 4x10 & 1x15 (vinyl covered) with the MAHOOSIVE amp with the UV light... that rig's the baby one! :lol:

I had both of the above set ups (way back when, and the compact rig was the first generation vinyl covered) and I'm sure my present rig is every bit as good as those rigs at half the weight and size but time plays tricks on you and I would love to blast through those old rigs one more time... so long as I didn't have to carry it back out to the van. :D :P[/quote]

I don't remember calling it a 'baby', as I hauled it up the stairs! :)

You're right though it wasn't the biggest one they did, i was just a sucker for the green carpet, must be a kinda bass gear fetish thing!! :)

As you say, I'd love to have another blast through it, i'll never forget that classic Trace tone, every time, never failed ya!

Time does play tricks, and its easy to get nostalgic, but i think you're probably right, you can get a similar quality rig now, for half the weight. What you need is a strong roadie.....and casters!!!