Why become a member? ×

Groove

Pete Academy

Is he going for an ironic angle with this? I bought his first solo CD back in the mid '90s and it was full of insanely flashy technique that sounded like sh*t, he must've practiced that stuff endlessly.

So is he saying that he agrees all that sounds like sh*t now, or is he just saying that we shouldn't do it and he should? Or was he just drunk/high when he did that interview?
:)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1355809' date='Aug 29 2011, 11:08 PM']So is he saying that he agrees all that sounds like sh*t now, or is he just saying that we shouldn't do it and he should? Or was he just drunk/high when he did that interview?
:)[/quote]
Vic and Geoffy B are "Close"

[quote name='witterth' post='1354862' date='Aug 29 2011, 12:14 AM']MMmm...Nope, no "default" bashing
just crap music regardless of who it is,Puketastic.

keep your eye on the ball old son.[/quote]

Don't worry my eye is very much on the ball - well more like I'm keeping my eye on you :) - I just don't mind a musician as talented as Vic having a bit of fun and musically that's a cool tune whether you agree with the philosophy or not, 'crap' is just your opinion of it and one which I respect but I've heard a lot worse... my earlier comment is based on the fact that AS SOON as a thread on Victor appears anywhere on the web what starts out as something positive soon turns negative - he either plays to fast and flashy and is perceived as a show off and nothing more - or his wisdom and musical abilities are flamed because he's so open and is prepared to write a song about an interesting subject - in terms of it being 'crap you might want to check out some African music - it's all good - but then I suspect not.

Anyway - feel free to cary on hating - go for it if it makes you feel better - and as for implying Vic is er 'gay' - I think his wife and four kids might have something to say about that too :)

[quote name='urb' post='1356022' date='Aug 30 2011, 10:26 AM']Don't worry my eye is very much on the ball - well more like I'm keeping my eye on you :) - I just don't mind a musician as talented as Vic having a bit of fun and musically that's a cool tune whether you agree with the philosophy or not, 'crap' is just your opinion of it and one which I respect but I've heard a lot worse... my earlier comment is based on the fact that AS SOON as a thread on Victor appears anywhere on the web what starts out as something positive soon turns negative - he either plays to fast and flashy and is perceived as a show off and nothing more - or his wisdom and musical abilities are flamed because he's so open and is prepared to write a song about an interesting subject - in terms of it being 'crap you might want to check out some African music - it's all good - but then I suspect not.

Anyway - feel free to cary on hating - go for it if it makes you feel better - and as for implying Vic is er 'gay' - I think his wife and four kids might have something to say about that too :)

[/quote]

+1

[quote name='urb' post='1356022' date='Aug 30 2011, 10:26 AM']Don't worry my eye is very much on the ball - well more like I'm keeping my eye on you :) - I just don't mind a musician as talented as Vic having a bit of fun and musically that's a cool tune whether you agree with the philosophy or not, 'crap' is just your opinion of it and one which I respect but I've heard a lot worse... my earlier comment is based on the fact that AS SOON as a thread on Victor appears anywhere on the web what starts out as something positive soon turns negative - he either plays to fast and flashy and is perceived as a show off and nothing more - or his wisdom and musical abilities are flamed because he's so open and is prepared to write a song about an interesting subject - in terms of it being 'crap you might want to check out some African music - it's all good - but then I suspect not.

[/quote]

Don't worry Mike, everyone has an axe to grind over certain players and Victor Wooten is often the player that most often takes the most flak but he's a remarkably talented player and a definite virtuoso, those are really two things that can't be argued with. Not my kind of player but brilliant all the same.

[quote name='urb' post='1356022' date='Aug 30 2011, 10:26 AM']Don't worry my eye is very much on the ball - well more like I'm keeping my eye on you :lol: .

[/quote]
Jeez am I supposed to feel told off now?
I dont hate anyone. and the 'gay' thing was a flippant (admittedly) silly joke.
I just didnt like that tune very much, sorry if my opinion offended THAT much :)
I'll shut up now.

Edited by witterth