Why become a member? ×

Brilliantly musical and inventive playing from Dale Black..imo

bubinga5

Yes i think ive shown this before.... Insane playing from this very much unknown Gospel bassist... a showcase more than anything at the start.. as hes a monster player in a band situation.. the main groove starts from 7.20..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThwuJVcyoA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThwuJVcyoA[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

Mmm, not sure. He is clearly very very talented. I found his phrasing and general musical demeanor slightly anxious. It's hard to explain but it's not relaxed and smooth, wasn't sitting quite right for me, like it was one of those demonstrations that feels it's right on the edge of the player's abilities, fabulous though they are. Just my opinion you understand.

It's been posted before, but this is much more my bag, because it is thrilling but also relaxed, you can feel how smooth it is and how completely comfortable the player is, and you can sense the way he's feeling while he's playing. It's entirely in the pocket, and the drummer's phrasing is so sympathetic to the groove allowing so much space for the bass to push and pull the overall dynamics.

[quote name='silddx' post='1352919' date='Aug 26 2011, 07:34 PM']Mmm, not sure. He is clearly very very talented. I found his phrasing and general musical demeanor slightly anxious. It's hard to explain but it's not relaxed and smooth, wasn't sitting quite right for me, like it was one of those demonstrations that feels it's right on the edge of the player's abilities, fabulous though they are. Just my opinion you understand.

It's been posted before, but this is much more my bag, because it is thrilling but also relaxed, you can feel how smooth it is and how completely comfortable the player is, and you can sense the way he's feeling while he's playing. It's entirely in the pocket, and the drummer's phrasing is so sympathetic to the groove allowing so much space for the bass to push and pull the overall dynamics.

[/quote]

Will you look at that congregation. Does this happen in Britain?

Miserable old atheist as I am, this looks like a great advertisement for faith.