Why become a member? ×

Peavey TL six - 1991 - custom electronics - £ 600 - ADDED SAMPLES AND VIDEOS

biro

Due to some recents developments I must get rid of this beauty. Apparently, having a GF living across the pond is a rather expensive habit, and I also have to cope with some really expensive application fees for LLM programs. Therefore I have to let go my Peavey Tim Landers signature bass.

The electronics have been replaced with a hi end custom built circuit (three bands plus the active/passive switch), but I will provide the lucky buyer with the original circuit as well. The bass is 20 years old and, as you might expect, there are some signs of usage here and there. I must say that it has been gigged, but never heavily. I took good care of the bass anyway, and I will take some pictures of the few flaws it presents.

The finish is trans brown, which is some sort of transparent black. really nice to see and to wear, it will probably match your Clark shoes in a bloody great manner.

Comes with a pretty ugly yamaha hardshell case or a pretty semi-rigid one made by the Italian brand proel and adapted to fit the bass size.

If you want to hear the bass in action you can go to myspace.com/justbiro and listen to the tune called "mathematics of paper folding" or search for "biro guitar rig hero contest" on YouTube. I understand a link would have been better, but I'm typing from an iPhone.

I will provide some pictures ASAP.

Oh, that's important: the bass is in Italy, and as this is a mainly British forum I am given to understand that pick up is off the table. I can post to almost everywhere in the world, but I have no idea of the rates outbound with ups. They should be significantly lower, conversely, with the Italian poste (equivalent to the good ole royal mail).

Edited by biro

yes, this was actually my entry for the "guitar rig hero contest". I ended up in the sixth place, but, still, that was the highest achievement for a bass player in that contest! :)

everything was set up to take advantage of the cubase automation lane. I've since become a reaper user, but the principle is still the same. The recording process has been kind of funny, even though the laptop I was using at the time used to crash almost everytime I opened a new instance of guitar rig and had some huge overheating issues that prevented me from being able to have longer sessions.

and, hell, yeah, guitar rig is one of the greatest pieces of software ever! I'd love to get a rig kontrol someday. now it's just something I can't afford, but it would probably be the wisest purchase I could do.

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1353677' date='Aug 27 2011, 05:24 PM']Some really neat playing there biro, very enjoyable.

Good luck with the sale[/quote]

thanks a lot mate!