Why become a member? ×

Ashbory bass FS at £150 plus post

Clarky

I am advertising a six year-old Ashbory bass on behalf of the frontman in Rattlin Bone, Wily Bo Walker (who is also a bass player). Comes with case and three extra three sets of silicone strings (helpful, as they can be hard to get hold of and what's more cost £16 a set [url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/1899-dearmond_ashbory_bass_strings)"]http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/18...y_bass_strings)[/url]. The bass is blue in colour and hardly used. You know the score with these - superb DB tone emulation and a lot of fun, as long as you don't have fingers like sausages!

Bo is after £150 plus post (which shouldn't be much as its so small, probably about a fiver). Other Ashbory's on BC have gone for about this level but don't typically include well over £40 worth of extra strings.

I can vouch for Bo 100%. Please drop me a PM if interested and I will pass on Bo's contact details.

Here's a pic of the bass:

[attachment=87700:ASHBORY.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='alyctes' post='1352957' date='Aug 26 2011, 08:05 PM']Arrived safely. Nice packing. All as advertised, and it's been a pleasure.

The only weird bit is I can't post feedback :)[/quote]
I'm seeing Bo on Sunday so I will tell him :)

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1354220' date='Aug 28 2011, 11:55 AM']all the fantastic gear on this site and somebody buys this?? ((:))) ((:)))

They say there's nothing as strange as folk...[/quote]
Its a very specific instrument, strange for sure, but does a great double bass emulation. So for some its perfect for recording DB type parts

[quote name='Clarky' post='1354237' date='Aug 28 2011, 12:13 PM']Its a very specific instrument, strange for sure, but does a great double bass emulation. So for some its perfect for recording DB type parts[/quote]

I know..I had one - sold it to Pantherairsoft - sticky strings was always a problem - the new strings for the Kala Yukes seem to have solved this..too late for me though

hope the new owner enjoys it...

Edited by TheGreek