Why become a member? ×

MIJ Grabber copy (possibly Ibanez)

Ian Savage

I'll get better photos and full spec up tomorrow, but boiler replacement is going to murder me finance-wise so I'm getting this up here before I change my mind! Stamped 'Made In Japan' on the neckplate, has had a fairly poor 'Gibson' logo applied at some stage hence the tape (oh, edit: realised you can't see the tape in the picture, but the logo's covered with 'leccy tape at the minute, shall uncover for photos), but main awesome thing is the signature - signed by Stone Roses/Primal Scream legend Mani when he saw my old band at a pub (possibly the Blue Cat, or something like that), reads 'I *heart* rock 'n' roll, keep it alive! Love Mani'.

Sounds as a Grabber should, thick as hell with a decent bit of cut to it - money-wise it owes me a couple of hundred quid so I'd like to get close to that.

Edited by Ian Savage

Piccies! Sorry for the delay, had a really busy couple of days...

Last one shows neckplate and a couple of small dings on the rear of the neck up at the dusty end, about the only damage worth speaking of (for saying it's around thirty years old I reckon the bugger's in pretty good nick!)

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1352853' date='Aug 26 2011, 06:35 PM']Did you remove the Gibson logo? Can't see it on the photo. Think Ibanez did a Ripper copy, but the Grabbers were Cimar, Avon or Electra. Where are you in W Mids?[/quote]

The logo was a pretty dodgy rub-on transfer type thing (in an incorrect font :)) which'd partly rubbed off when I got the bass, I stuck a strip of electrical tape across it while I was using it and have rubbed the remainder off since. There's no sign of even the remnents of an original logo on there, sadly; it's possible that whoever applied the 'Gibson' logo sanded the headstock slightly.

I'm in South Staffs (Cannock) for the next week or so, but expect I'll be back in Birmingham (Kings Norton kinda way) not long into September. Be working in Redditch, probably, if that makes things easier for anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...