Why become a member? ×

New from dv247 - Fender MIJ 70's Precision

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1345955' date='Aug 19 2011, 11:16 PM']No offer showing here, just the new 70s MIJ P. Have I mis read it?[/quote]

Sorry Gareth I am on a mailing list from them and received one saying this bass was sold through them at a special price, apparently the retail price is higher but I agree when you click on the actual bass which I then linked here there's no mention of offer. Still, very nice bass and the Made in Japan bit mean the quality is not to be underestimated.

And anyway, I thought I read next door (EBMM forum) that u was after a bongo! Personally I'd go for a Big Al I had both of them as you know and rated the BA5SSS as a much better instrument. But that is me I guess.

I have my local music shop getting one of these in for me to try.. some might argue with the accuracy, but I really don't care - it's too nice to get caught up on whether it's 'right' or not :) If it plays as good as it looks, I think my two MIMs might find themselves traded in!

It's a lovely bass too GW! I like the dingwalls as you know. Blocks work on that because it's more J shaped than P, and is very contemporary, but I don't like blocks on standard p shapes, case in point this one. The duck dunn Lakland too looks clumsy to me, even more so with the matching head stock. I just think dots suit them better.