Why become a member? ×

SOLD... Markbass 6x10 Cab - a 1200W lightweight! ...SOLD

For sale is my Markbass 610, acquired a few months back from a fellow basschatter, but not really getting the use it deserves, and the missus is complaining it's taking up valuable shoe space, hence up for grabs. Really moves air, sweet top end (adjustable horn) and weighs in at a sylph-like 46kg on my bathroom scales - genuinely very light and portable, much more so than many 4x10 cabs! Dimensions 1170mm high x 490mm deep x 580mm wide approx. Good condition - one caster has been replaced with one of a slightly different width, but is perfectly serviceable. Was £500, now reduced to £450, no trades please. Collection only from between Woking and Guildford, just off the A3 less than 10 minutes from Jcn 10 of the M25.

Fair warning to any interested parties - due to plenty of interest, but an apparent general lack of cash, the featherweight monster will be heading for eBay tomorrow (Monday 19th September). Grab it now if you want it!!

NOW SOLD PENDING THE USUAL...

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='1344935' date='Aug 18 2011, 10:32 PM']For sale is my Markbass 610, acquired a few months back from a fellow basschatter, but not really getting the use it deserves, and the missus is complaining it's taking up valuable shoe space, hence up for grabs. Really moves air, sweet top end (adjustable horn) and weighs in at a sylph-like 46kg on my bathroom scales - genuinely very light and portable, much more so than many 4x10 cabs! Dimensions 1170mm high x 490mm deep x 580mm wide approx. Good condition - one caster has been replaced with one of a slightly different width, but is perfectly serviceable. Was £500, now reduced to £450, no trades please. Collection only from between Woking and Guildford, just off the A3 less than 10 minutes from Jcn 10 of the M25.[/quote]

...still for sale... everyone on basschat must have good backs... :-)

[quote name='Bankai' post='1362505' date='Sep 5 2011, 01:24 AM']If I had my cab sold I would be jumping in! Shame you're not after any trades, otherwise I'd be offering up my Orange SP210 :)[/quote]

Nice idea, but substitution, even for something much smaller, is not deemed acceptable in the eyes of She Who Must Be Obeyed. And it's orange. She'd spot it a mile off!

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='1364611' date='Sep 6 2011, 08:57 PM']Bump... this baby has to go...[/quote]

Would love to try this cab out to compare it with my Ampeg 8x10...........the dimensions are very similar but the weight diffence would help my poor old back!
If only you lived closer!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='bassman_feb_64' post='1367283' date='Sep 9 2011, 08:39 AM']Would love to try this cab out to compare it with my Ampeg 8x10...........the dimensions are very similar but the weight diffence would help my poor old back!
If only you lived closer!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I've used both, although not side by side to be fair, but the Ampeg is a different beast. Sound-wise, I personally prefer the MB, as it's brighter and smoother, but inevitably there's a trade-off with the huge weight difference (the 8x10 weights half as much again!) and it doesn't move as much air. Both great cabinets though.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='1367288' date='Sep 9 2011, 08:46 AM']I've used both, although not side by side to be fair, but the Ampeg is a different beast. Sound-wise, I personally prefer the MB, as it's brighter and smoother, but inevitably there's a trade-off with the huge weight difference (the 8x10 weights half as much again!) and it doesn't move as much air. Both great cabinets though.[/quote]

If this cab is still here over the next few weeks I might just take a trip south to take a look as would be very interested. Can't believe its still for sale!!!!!!

EDIT - just realised its a 6ohm cab.
Ignore me!

EDIT 2! - Back in!

right as I said, if you can wait till 31.10 I will be at your front door with 450 quid in crisp notes.

EDIT 3. Nope ignore me, just remembered how small my car is :)

I shall keep looking for a 410. GL with sale.

Edited by throwoff

[quote name='throwoff' post='1372876' date='Sep 14 2011, 09:51 AM']EDIT - just realised its a 6ohm cab.
Ignore me!

EDIT 2! - Back in!

right as I said, if you can wait till 31.10 I will be at your front door with 450 quid in crisp notes.

EDIT 3. Nope ignore me, just remembered how small my car is :)

I shall keep looking for a 410. GL with sale.[/quote]

1. Yes. OK then.

2. Thank you for your kind offer, but the missus might have thrown it out with the recycling by then.

3. Now, that's just daft... the FIRST thing you do when you think about getting a big cab is get the tape measure out, for goodness sake! :)

I actually know it would fit, I had a Markbass CL108 which is just a shade taller than this and with the back seats down it just fitted in the back of my punto with my bass alongside and head and pedalboard on passenger seat.

I now however am transporting the guitarist and drummer to practices so I need seats :)

[quote name='throwoff' post='1373851' date='Sep 14 2011, 10:18 PM']I actually know it would fit, I had a Markbass CL108 which is just a shade taller than this and with the back seats down it just fitted in the back of my punto with my bass alongside and head and pedalboard on passenger seat.

I now however am transporting the guitarist and drummer to practices so I need seats :)[/quote]

Buy a trailer and put them in that! :)

Then I would not be able to afford a cab!

It is a vicious circle!

I have the art of 2 hard cases, guitarists massive pedal board, my little board, Fender Hot rod deluxe, my bass head and the drummers cymbals and snare all in a 3 door punto with 3 people in it and nothing on our laps.

This cab as fantastic as it is and as well priced as it is ruins my tetris like system.

I need a van...