Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 4

Cosmo Valdemar

I've only owned this beauty for a few months and I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm really a passive kind of chap after all. So I thought I would put it on here and see what happens.

The bass in question is a Spector Euro 4, in excellent condition bar a few [i]extremely[/i] minor marks to the body, two on the back and a couple around the lower edge of the body*. I've always lusted after one of these basses, being a bit of an Eddie Jackson/Rex Brown fan, and this one has 'the' Spector trademark tone in spades - I call it sledgehammer growl. It can do a lot more than this of course, but it's calling card is this wonderfully aggressive raunchy sound, all courtesy of the Tonepump circuit.

But as I say, I'm really more into the passive, dirty old school sound so the poor Spector is just sitting about getting lonely.

Oh, just remembered - the original owner decided to relocate the lower strap button to the centre of the body for some unknown reason. THe person I bought it from had it restored to the original position and filled the hole - even matched the colour. This is only really noticable if you look for it - I took a picture so see for yourselves.

Well I think that's about it... I'm looking for about [b]£650 [/b]but am open to offers. Collection preferable but could arrange a courier for about £15. And please feel free to ask any questions, I'm always open.

[attachment=86661:SANY0367.JPG]

[attachment=86660:SANY0364.JPG]

[attachment=86659:SANY0362.JPG]

[attachment=86658:SANY0361.JPG]

*I did take some pics but for some reason can't upload any more on here so PM me if you want to see them.

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='cetera' post='1334928' date='Aug 10 2011, 01:07 PM']Beautiful! Have a free bump!

If that's a solid maple Euro 4 then this is as close to a full US NS2 as you can get....
What preamp is in it? Could be an Aguilar - check inside![/quote]

Had a look - it's a Tonepump. I probably should put that in the OP... Thanks for the reminder! :)

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' post='1355087' date='Aug 29 2011, 11:12 AM']Open to offers bump! Who knows what sort of bargain you may nab yourself...[/quote]

These are difficult times :) And peeps just ain't parting with their hard earned no matter how good a bargain. 18 months ago this would have gone in a heartbeat, have a bump from a fellow bemused Spector seller :)

[quote name='BassTool' post='1355728' date='Aug 29 2011, 09:37 PM']These are difficult times :) And peeps just ain't parting with their hard earned no matter how good a bargain. 18 months ago this would have gone in a heartbeat, have a bump from a fellow bemused Spector seller :)[/quote]

Bonkers innit?

Thanks for the bump.