Why become a member? ×

Lost a 'thingy' on my bridge?

MatthewKeys

Hey

On the bridge of my yamaha rbx775, i'm missing one of the screw things that you move to raise and lower the action on the B string. I don't know what the actual term for it is, so I hope my description is understandable :)

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this? Need one asap as I am going to be selling it bass soon.

Thanks

Matt

If it is a grub screw (allen socket set screw, would be the tech term) a decent engineering/fastener supplier should have one for a few pence.

The Fender would be an imperial thread and the Yam would be a metric thread.

Edited by Beno

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1329377' date='Aug 5 2011, 11:09 PM']Just tried the one of my jazz, doesn't fit!

Do you know where I can buy a replacement quickly? I don't think I can wait 2 weeks for yamaha to send me one, as i'm trading the bass in about 7 days![/quote]

If it's a MIA it'll have imperial Heads and Threads, mine does. My Squier is metric, I'd guess MIJ might be metric, too. Dunno about MIM.
Yamahas will almost certainly be metric.

(and I should've read the previous post...)

Any guitar/music shoppe that's any good should be able to help (Yamaha dealers?) Take the other grub screw (don't lose that one, too!) for comparison. Or even the whole bass. I took my MIA into a tool shop when hunting for an Allen key for the truss rod. They were rather pleased when I popped the case open (!) That way you'll know it fits..

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1329457' date='Aug 6 2011, 01:03 AM']damnit! And theres no decent music stores near me!

Does anyone want to sell me one please? :)[/quote]
I can't find anything on the net about replacements. Perhaps a hardware store would have something.

Try Howard (The Bass Doc) he might be have some spares.

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1329457' date='Aug 6 2011, 01:03 AM']damnit! And theres no decent music stores near me!

Does anyone want to sell me one please? :)[/quote]

Seriously lad, try somewhere like this. Think outside the box. Bring a screw into them and if they don't have one, they can at least ID the thread size and advise you.

[url="http://www.modelmakingsupplies.co.uk/allen-screws-2-2.htm"]http://www.modelmakingsupplies.co.uk/allen-screws-2-2.htm[/url]

There are a few places like this in your area.

I have bought from this guy in the past - [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/saddle-bridge-height-screws-allen-key-/170672870834?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27bce555b2"]iggypig on eBay[/url]. Not very dear. I can't recall what size they were now but they fitted both Fender and Japanese basses I had - I bought shorter ones than stock so that I didn't keep catching my hand on them.