Why become a member? ×

Hotel California - LIVE VIDEO

BassTool

[quote name='Sibob' post='1317851' date='Jul 27 2011, 12:29 AM']Sounds fantastic! :D Kudos

My only little tiny criticism would be that the Warwick sounds a bit modern for the songs you're playing, but hey, whatever you wanna play huh :)

Si[/quote]

Cheers SiBob! Been after that sound for yonks man - behave! :lol: :P :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='1332489' date='Aug 8 2011, 06:10 PM']What amplification do you use?[/quote]

I don't :)
I DI straight into our Yamaha digital desk, we use some compression to even out my hard playing, and it goes out of our JBL VRX rig. I monitor with one ear IEM with my bass and vocal through plus a smidge of the other vox and we send a return signal into a Line6 8'' combo to give a little onstage bass for ambience. I use my free ear to monitor the band, they all use IEM's so have their own mix, so no need for a big rig. Been there and done that, but I can honestly say I could never go back to humping a big rig, I have a mint bass sound in my right ear every night! What you hear is the Warwick Thumb and my fingers :)

[quote name='gjones' post='1332504' date='Aug 8 2011, 06:20 PM']That variax sounds good too.[/quote]
Agree :) incredible system, perfect for a covers band like ours. Pete our guitarist/sax player uses it to the max, from 6 & 12 string acoustic, banjo, Les Paul, Strat, Tele etc etc he uses the lot. He has the Line6 combo and pedalboard too and can dial in virtually any amp/speaker combo he wants. It's a stunning system IMO and very underrated by some guitarists who I have spoken to, Bobby our other guitarist is much more traditional and would never use that technology - horses for courses etc : D