Why become a member? ×

NCD!

davebass66

Couple days late on this but last thursday I picked up a new Vanderkley 112EXT from Bass Direct....I fell in love with it!

Gigged with it on saturday and it sure filled a lot of space! seems cab design has come on a great deal since I bought my Mark rig about 5 years ago, the bottom end is incredible, even just with one.

The tweeter seems much more effective than the Mark Bass ones as well.

I liked it so much I'm gonna pick up another one from BigJim on here on Tuesday! that will be my rig, with a LMII head....good times!..see my 2 mark cabs for sale on the for sale forum :) very reasonably priced!.... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=147608"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=147608[/url]

also bought one of those little MarkBass things that angles the cab upwards about 30 degrees, this made a big difference when using one, as the sound isnt just flapping round my ankles!

Haven't seen much love on here for Mark Vanderkleys work....what do you guys think of it? I know it's pretty dear, but they're seriously high quality speakers...

Dave

Edited by davebass66

I recently looked at changing my cabs (won't say it's an upgrade as I've gone from Barefaced to GK) and seriously considered the Vanderkley cabs and the ones that BigJim has for sale. My only complaint was 15Kg for a 12" cab is too heavy in my opinion, oh yeah and the cost at £575 per cab I really couldn't justify the spend. Nice looking cabs though.

[quote]For that money you could have Aguilars or Bergs.[/quote]

To be honest mate I tried the bergs as well...to my ears if you're looking for a 'hifi' clear sounding speaker the Vanderkleys are a little above the bergs IMHO.

Never tried Aguilars...maybe next time!

[quote]My only complaint was 15Kg for a 12" cab is too heavy in my opinion[/quote]

This...I haven't found anything that's all that much lighter...Aguilars are heavier, Bergs are 1kg lighter and the mark is also about 1kg lighter...

PLus with the neo thing goin on it's most likely that all cabs will get heavier again as the companies start having to go back to ceramics...thats a large reason why I decided to buy now instead of waiting..

Dave