Why become a member? ×

If you don't have lights, you should .. buy these

OldGit

iColour4's get the thumbs up from our band but if LED's had been more widely available and not as expensive (at the time) we'd have gone for those instead of searing our skin off under the iColours!

Anyone know what the bottom line spend is to get a controller that can be pre-programmed with a lighting sequence/pattern on patches, a la multi FX units?

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='190676' date='May 2 2008, 04:15 PM']iColour4's get the thumbs up from our band but if LED's had been more widely available and not as expensive (at the time) we'd have gone for those instead of searing our skin off under the iColours!

Anyone know what the bottom line spend is to get a controller that can be pre-programmed with a lighting sequence/pattern on patches, a la multi FX units?[/quote]

Probably this [url="http://www.limitedgoods.com/itemView.php?ProdID=67149&source=FroogleUK&medium=free&campaign=FroogleUK"]Behringer LC2412[/url].

But if you think MIDI programming is complicated prepare yourself for the wonders of DMX512 !!

To be fair, I've never actually programmed a DMX console before but when I looked into it I was having real problems getting my head around some of the concepts as applied to various different manufacturers' equipment. Maybe it's simple when you have the gear in fornt of you to play with ?

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='190676' date='May 2 2008, 04:15 PM']iColour4's get the thumbs up from our band but if LED's had been more widely available and not as expensive (at the time) we'd have gone for those instead of searing our skin off under the iColours!

Anyone know what the bottom line spend is to get a controller that can be pre-programmed with a lighting sequence/pattern on patches, a la multi FX units?[/quote]

I think you only hassle with LEDs is they can't be operated via a footswitch yet.
Can't imagine it taking too long though.

[quote name='BOD2' post='190705' date='May 2 2008, 04:54 PM']Probably this [url="http://www.limitedgoods.com/itemView.php?ProdID=67149&source=FroogleUK&medium=free&campaign=FroogleUK"]Behringer LC2412[/url].

But if you think MIDI programming is complicated prepare yourself for the wonders of DMX512 !!

To be fair, I've never actually programmed a DMX console before but when I looked into it I was having real problems getting my head around some of the concepts as applied to various different manufacturers' equipment. Maybe it's simple when you have the gear in fornt of you to play with ?[/quote]

Looks like great fun to play with, and not a bad price. I'm drawn moth-like to it...

Just used the LED's as mentioned earlier at our gig over the weekend.
Attached them to the side of our speakers with a rod attached to the bracket on the light and then bungees. Set them to auto change as the sound to light is quite fast and the microphone sensor is not easily accessible.
Verdict: excellent for £78 delivered from Thomann although you have to fit UK plugs and need extra cables to connect them to the mains.
Forgot to mention, they take up very little room/weight compared to the big '4 light' boxes and that was the deciding factor as muggins has to transport them!
Anyone else got band members with "glass backs"?

Edited by yorks5stringer