Why become a member? ×

Yamaha bb1500a Fretless lined SOLD SOLD SOLD

thestick

:) another bass that has to go this Yamaha bb1500a fretless
not sure of age serial number is 1122031
great condition not a mark on it , plays well very low action (a bit to low for me)
but least it can be raised.
great wah tones from it. comes with gig bag
im asking £325 ono

NOW SOLD!! Edited by thestick

[quote name='thestick' post='1312835' date='Jul 22 2011, 02:22 PM']not sure of age serial number is 1122031[/quote]
Are you sure the serial is 11, and not II? these basses were manufactured in Taiwan, and it's more likely that the serial is two letters and five numbers. (Seven numbers isn't a Yamaha serial configuration, as far as I know.)

[quote name='thestick' post='1312913' date='Jul 22 2011, 03:10 PM']yes sorry II[/quote]
Your bass could date to February 2002 (II) or May 2005 (LL)! (Can't quite see from the image - small screen.) Alder body; maple neck; rosewood touchboard; active, hum-cancelling pickups; semi-parametric EQ. Also worth mentioning that the satin finished neck is superbly playable, and measures a meagre 39.5mm at the nut.

Edited by noelk27

i used to own this and its one of the best fretless sounds i have had. the action is incredibly good and is so easy to play. i traded it reluctantly under the proviso that i would get first refusal if sold on. mister stick was good to his word and offered it to me before advertising but i had just got an ibanez fretless about two days before!!! bad timing and though i love the neck on the ibanez a £1000 bass i would rather have this yammy as its sounds bloody awesome. whoever gets this will be over the moon with it and mister stick is a top chap to deal with.

[quote name='thestick' post='1313039' date='Jul 22 2011, 05:03 PM']:) thank you noel , you know more about the bass than I,
Thanks for info[/quote]
Own two (of the natural variety). Slimmer neck than the TRB and NE models, but the BB1500A is as good (so much so I disposed of two TRB-s), making these basses serious bang for your buck.

[quote name='thestick' post='1312835' date='Jul 22 2011, 03:22 PM']:) another bass that has to go this Yamaha bb1500a fretless
not sure of age serial number is 1122031
great condition not a mark on it , plays well very low action (a bit to low for me)
but least it can be raised.
great wah tones from it. comes with gig bag
im asking £325 ono
PRICE REDUCTION £300 ONO[/quote]

Could you consider to send this bass to Finland?
And is the case in pictures, the case which comes with the bass?