Why become a member? ×

bass stolen in Edinburgh

bassbluestew

Was asked to join a Facebook group r.e. a poor guy having his Ray stolen in Edinburgh.

Details are -

Hi Guys,
Ally - our lovely bassist from Homework has his Bass stolen in Edinburgh in the early hours of Saturday morning! The bass in question is an American Ernie Ball Music Man bass in black with a black scratch plate - similar to the one in the picture.

The bass was in a softcase, also in the case were is Boss tuner pedal and his Russian Big Muff Pedal. needless to say Ally can't afford to replace these things and I reckon that Edinburgh is a small enough place that we can track this bass down.

I would there for ask that you do him, and a HUGE FAVOUR by inviting your friends to join this group and help spread the word about the bass. Someone is going to try and sell this or rock up with it at a gig soon in or around Edinburgh and I reckon if enough people know he might just get it back.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanking you kindly

Rich
So there we go chaps and chapesses, keep your eyes peeled. Who knows where it might show up.
Stewart

Keep an eye on the Crack Converters in and around Edinburgh and also that hock shop - Duncanson's - on the corner of Queen Street and Hanover Street. Also local (and maybe even Glasgow) Gumtree. Scayles up in the South Side take 2nd hand kit and maybe the 'fish supper man' Rikki at the foot of the Walk. And also evilbay.

Hope it gets returned. Les Blonde Dames got their guitar returned after it got nicked from an Edinburgh hotel; it turned up at Scayles, whom I presume alerted the cops so theirs still hope.

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='1307964' date='Jul 18 2011, 03:27 PM']Was asked to join a Facebook group r.e. a poor guy having his Ray stolen in Edinburgh.

Details are -

Hi Guys,
Ally - our lovely bassist from Homework has his Bass stolen in Edinburgh in the early hours of Saturday morning! The bass in question is an American Ernie Ball Music Man bass in black with a black scratch plate - similar to the one in the picture.

The bass was in a softcase, also in the case were is Boss tuner pedal and his Russian Big Muff Pedal. needless to say Ally can't afford to replace these things and I reckon that Edinburgh is a small enough place that we can track this bass down.

I would there for ask that you do him, and a HUGE FAVOUR by inviting your friends to join this group and help spread the word about the bass. Someone is going to try and sell this or rock up with it at a gig soon in or around Edinburgh and I reckon if enough people know he might just get it back.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanking you kindly

Rich
So there we go chaps and chapesses, keep your eyes peeled. Who knows where it might show up.
Stewart[/quote]

will keep eyes open, and if found we'll set up "a meeting" :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1308253' date='Jul 18 2011, 07:07 PM']Really pisses me off when stuff like this happens. I can't imagine the sort of person that would stoop as low as to steal someones pride and joy instrument.

Scares me as well... I dont know what I'd do if my bass ever got stolen[/quote]

I had a bass stolen once. I thought I knew who had taken it, so I went to their next gig. With a claw-hammer.

As it happened, they didn`t have it with them. Which I suppose was lucky for both them and me.

I never got it back.

This kindof thing really annoys me too.