Why become a member? ×

Please Remove

wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1306738' date='Jul 17 2011, 03:11 PM'][b]Only Trades I may consider is a 5 string Musicman. Nothing specific as long as its a USA Model.[/b][/quote]

My friend's selling his Stingray 5 on here as he's just picked a Jazz, but it might be worth a look as he's very much into the Fender sound at the moment!

The thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=145556&hl=stingray"]here[/url] :)

[quote name='wal4string' post='1309833' date='Jul 19 2011, 11:42 PM']No, I'm sorry. I don't know, not sure howto find out either. Maybe someone on
Basschat maybe able to help. In the meantime I will try and find out and post
here.

Ron[/quote]

use a ruler? :)
:)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1316101' date='Jul 25 2011, 07:04 PM']use a ruler? :D
:)[/quote]

Nice one centurion, like it, like it :lol: .
Unfortunately Her Majesty was unavailable at the time.
Wolf nipple chips, :) get em while there hot, there lovely. :P

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='geilerbass' post='1309764' date='Jul 19 2011, 10:36 PM']I've been seriously considering a 5-string Jazz of late... Yours looks like a beaut - any idea what the string-spacing is on it?[/quote]

I now its been a while since you asked about string spacing and never having the need to bother with this I simply measured the space with a ruler. However, I have just discovered something new regarding the bridge. You do infact have more than one option for string spacing. Each saddle has 3 or 4 grooves which the string can sit inside allowing for different spacing options. As I say I was totally unaware of this fact. If you need a better or detailed explanation let me know. The widest can be 21 mm I believe.

Edited by wal4string

Had name of bass posted incorrectly. I called it a USA Fender Deluxe Jazz. Who knew?

Also found out by chance about the adjustable string spacing. Have now included a close up image of a 4 string Jazz to show how this can work. Spacing can be even or uneven. Raking on the G string now really possible by moving string over one notch towards the D string. In the past this was limited as string was easilly pulled off the fretboard.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1322682' date='Aug 1 2011, 12:45 AM']your bass is a USA Deluxe Jazz..i played it.. remember...? the spacing is adjustable from 19mm 20mm, to 21 mm[/quote]

Hi mate. Thanks for the update on the spacing, as I said I knew nothing about this, but as far as the correct name goes, I think you may well be wrong. I Googled both names and I found the identical bass to mine. I know I could be wrong but everything points to it being a Fender American Deluxe and not as you say. I searched out the 2009 broshure and have included a snapshot of the page with my images. In the meantime to be 100% have also sent Fender the Serial# so they can confirm.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1322858' date='Aug 1 2011, 10:47 AM']Fender American Deluxe jazz or Fender USA Deluxe jazz?

Theres no difference? :)[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought until I tried to find out more about the string spacing, it was then I discovered that unless I typed in the correct name then I could not find any trace of my bass. Waiting to hear from Fender(could take forever) to see what they say.

Ron