Why become a member? ×

Just in case you thought you had too much bass gear

Alemboid

i kinda assumed that that amount of gear would not just be bought, with him writing for a magazine and all so surely he gets sent stuff to test review etc and doesn't have to send back.

jealous, hell yeah. impressed, hell yeah.

oh and thanks for clearing up the cockney rhyming slang thing, i thought people had just strated writing in some new code and i'd missed out on what was going on.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='17189' date='Jun 13 2007, 08:34 PM']Er. one question about your man and his room full of amps - why? Surely it's more fun trading one thing for another rather than buying it all and sticking it in a room to gather dust. Perhaps he's building it all up to give it away though - in which case - I take it all back and can I have first dibs please? :)[/quote]

because it's a hobby and he enjoys collecting, probably. It also means he can always a/b gear, give valid opinions on gear, and have GTG's where people can come and try out his gear!

I'd collect like that if I could!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='15109' date='Jun 10 2007, 03:19 PM']That is just plain silly!

When I first started reading the list I thought he'd just made up a list of every piece of bass equipment available... until I scrolled down to the shots![/quote]

There's shots?
I didn't get that far .. I just got as far as "I wonder why Americans make fun of lawyers" ... and gave up reading

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='setekh' post='15144' date='Jun 10 2007, 05:09 PM']holy cows...is there any piece of good gear he [b]doesnt[/b] own? :wacko:[/quote]

he doesn't own any peavey basses :)

i think it's amazing that he still has a family with all that stuff in his house, that's what my house is gonna be like when i'm older.