Why become a member? ×

help please

steve-bbb

thakfully im no longer a newbie ... just as well the stigma of it all was starting to get to me ...anyway as im old and forgetful and not very good with all this new interweb technology can anybody tell me how i get a nice little pic to come up in the margin in the left alongside my rambling posting

thank you muchly :)

[quote name='steve-bbb' post='1305714' date='Jul 16 2011, 12:59 PM']thakfully im no longer a newbie ... just as well the stigma of it all was starting to get to me ...anyway as im old and forgetful and not very good with all this new interweb technology can anybody tell me how i get a nice little pic to come up in the margin in the left alongside my rambling posting

thank you muchly :)[/quote]
Hi Steve,
You do it by going into your profile screen. Access this by clicking on your log-on name next to the 'Logged in as' statement or via your log-on name at the left of one of your postings . There you'll see a box at the top left titled 'Personal photo'. You can do it from there.
I get my teenage kids to help me with all this shizzle. It gives them yet another reason to mock me. :)

So, we'll be seeing a photo soon of you looking like George Clooney?

Hi Len

sorry i no pic of me - it might frighten the bass newbies into running away and starting up something a bit more gentle like a nice woodwind instrument or a glockenspiel or something

thanks for the explanation - thats what i thought it was - ive had a pic in there since day one but it never shows up in the posts

here is a screenshot

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='Dandelion' post='1305916' date='Jul 16 2011, 03:59 PM']And whilst were on the subject how do you change the little comment that sits underneath it? :)[/quote]

[font="Arial Black"][b]edit your signature [/b][/font]on your profile editing page

dohhh sorry another senior moment there - im guessing that the member status thingy is defined by the sit eby length of time of membership and number of posts etc

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='Dandelion' post='1305916' date='Jul 16 2011, 03:59 PM']And whilst were on the subject how do you change the little comment that sits underneath it? :)[/quote]

Once you get to 250 posts, there is a place in the edit profile that allows you to change it.

:)

Get posting!