Why become a member? ×

Lollar Jazz pickups.

bubinga5

I put the Lollar pickups in my Jazz bass today.. just... wow..... the bass in Q is a MIJ 62 Jazz bass from 1989 in Surf Green.. fitted with an Audere pre..

ive tried most of the great pups from Nords to Fralins to Sadowsky in my past jazz basses.. but i really really like these pups.. of course they bring the bass alive from the Japan pickups but good god.... its always easy to over state how good new gear is, but these are fantastic pickups.... they are the real deal when it comes to a jazz bass pickup....im really blown away at how good these things sound...

there much smoother and less aggressive than the Fralin's i had.. but punchier than the Nordstrand NJse's i had in the CS Fender, and alot less compressed being a single coil... if you want a very aggressive J pickup though these are not for you...

i always heard great things about Jason Lollar pickups and im glad to say its all true.... of course your ear will tell you but in my opinion these are as good as Jazz pickups get.. its amazing what a good pickup can do to a bass...this is now a proper world class jazz bass

if you get the chance, try these pups in your jazz.!!. it sounds so so good with the Audere...the perfect super jazz tone...im wondering what these pups are like running a passive bass..

through the Aguilar amp there is not anything jazz wise that ive owned, that comes close to what my MIJ sounds like now...incredible pickups that cost alot less than the 200 squid Nordys.. thanks Clarky..