Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Ken Smith Burner 6 for sale £600 posted **SOLD**

Ballie

**THIS BASS HAS BEEN SOLD**

Hey all,

I'm having to sell my discontinued 6 string Ken Smith Burner (similar to the one Hadrien Feraud plays) as I can no longer afford to keep it alongside my main bass - Ibanez GWB-35. I'm in the process of taking up guitar and as a result, saving for a Telecaster. It's been a fantastic axe, very well looked after and now needs a new home.

As expected for a bass of this age, it's not without a few tiny cosmetic signs of use. I've photographed the couple of miniscule dings. The "Ken Smith" logos on the pickups have almost completely worn off, and there's some wear on the pickups from the B string. One of the pickup screws has been replaced with a similar one. A couple of the control knobs have a few tiny white dots on, but all work perfectly. There's the tiniest amount of buckle rash that's only visible at the right angle from the light as well.

There is nothing at all mechanically wrong with the bass. I had the frets done at Chandlers (Kingston) with their plek machine about a year ago, which files down the frets to within a 0.001mm accuracy or something insane. They then finish it off by hand and the results are incredible. You can have the action ridiculously low, without dead frets or buzzing. It cost £135 to have done excluding strings and was worth every penny. I play very lightly, so it's basically as awesome a fret job as it was a year ago.

Specs are:
-Ash body
-34" scale with an amazing B string
-6 strings
-Maple neck
-Two humbuckers
-Active circuit with master volume, pickup pan, bass, treble and push pull the volume pot for true passive bypass
-24 frets (2 octaves)
-16mm string spacing
-Strap locks

I'm asking £600 for this bass, posted in England. I will also throw in a gig bag and wide adjustable nylon strap with the bass. If you pick the bass up, it'll be £550. You're more than welcome to come and try the bass out for yourself; I'm based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, about 30 minutes North of Bristol along the M5.

Edited by Ballie

It really is a lovely instrument. It's worth a bit more than I'm selling it for, but you see some instruments sitting on adverts for months, even years in some cases. I'd rather get a bit less and have someone else enjoy making music on it. Again, I'm really gutted to have to sell it, so it'd better go to a good home. =P

[size=3][font="Comic Sans MS"]:) A very great price!
it's an Ash deluxe DA6.[/font][/size] [url="http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/bsrb/bsrb.html"][b][color="#8B0000"]" BURNER "[/color][/b][/url]

Edited by dieseonze