Why become a member? ×

'93 Fender Precision Lyte for sale "SOLD"

GazzBass

[b][i]'93 Fender Precision Lyte[/i][/b][i] : [/i]built in the Japanese Factory for home market only, ever so slightly metallic candy apple red, AS NEW condition, J&P pups, active, gold hardware, super fast action, loads of tones, and doesn't knacker your shoulder! I took a blind punt on this 4 years ago directly from Japan, it arrived virtually unplayed (almost zero fret wear) with original strings & factory set-up! consequently a fresh set of strings & set up later and I was reluctant to play it as it's a museum piece! Soon after I tried 5 strings and never looked back! hasn't been played since I took the photo's, what a waste! £400 + postage (apologies to those who wanted this before, but I have now discovered packing skills and mastered parcel force on-line lol!) O.K I've seen three of these sell on ebay with buckle rash & general wear for £370+ and this one is Mint! so [b]£375.00[/b] plus postage is as low as I'll go! I have a BB605 and a totally mint Hartke Hydrive 115 c Combo on another post, wherby I would consider a trade with a similar condition Jazz or Jazz style 5'ver, obviously it may take one or two basses to make up the value, but there's an offer??? [b]Sold[/b] to Renos, Much appreciated and good luck with your Band. Gazzbass

Edited by GazzBass

[quote name='adledman' post='1297334' date='Jul 8 2011, 03:33 PM']wow memories. my second bass was one of these, i loved it.[/quote]
Thanks dude, believe me if I'd not become totally obsessed with 5 strings literally a few weeks after buying this it would not be up for sale, it stunned me how good it is!
Gazzbass

• 1 year later...

[quote name='GazzBass' timestamp='1310125147' post='1297070']
[i]'93 Fender Precision Lyte[/b]: [/i]built in the Japanese Factory for home market only, ever so slightly metallic candy apple red, AS NEW condition, J&P pups, active, gold hardware, super fast action, loads of tones, and doesn't knacker your shoulder! I took a blind punt on this 4 years ago directly from Japan, it arrived virtually unplayed (almost zero fret wear) with original strings & factory set-up! consequently a fresh set of strings & set up later and I was reluctant to play it as it's a museum piece! Soon after I tried 5 strings and never looked back! hasn't been played since I took the photo's, what a waste!
£400 + postage (apologies to those who wanted this before, but I have now discovered packing skills and mastered parcel force on-line lol!)
Gazzbass
[attachment=84238:Picture_166.jpg][attachment=84227:Picture_174.jpg][attachment=84226:Picture_173.jp
g][attachment=84225:Picture_171.jpg][
[/quote]
Back up for sale, apologies for my unwillingness to post previously! Last four stringer to shift, then four Yamaha 5 stringers to follow!!!

Wow - that's in really lovely condition!

My first proper bass, after graduating from a Jim Deacon, was one of these, in this colour scheme, too. Still got her 22 years later too, although she's in semi-retirement now. Good luck with the sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Bank Holiday bump, can't figure out how these sell on ebay and not here.......maybe there's no love for C.A.R???? [url="http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k521/GazzBass/Precision%20Lyte/"]http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k521/GazzBass/Precision%20Lyte/[/url]
This is mint, no question! more/better photo's needed....... let me know?

GazzBass

Edited by GazzBass