Why become a member? ×

Hohner Jack Bass 4 String Headless Active. **SOLD**

phsycoandy

High gloss walnut stain finished Hohner Jack Bass Headless. Great condition, 2 small dings (see picture 3) & some light buckle rash on the back, otherwise a very pretty example. 2 EMG active Select pickups, Volume/Pickup pan/ stacked active bass & treble controls, Active/passive selector switch & LED indicator light.

Plays really easily and has a really loud out put in both active and passive modes and nice low action. All works perfectly and she has no issues at all. Steinberger Hardware. Thru neck construction.

Comes in a nice padded Warwick gig bag. SOLD

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1294822' date='Jul 6 2011, 03:18 PM']I'm assuming you mean the "scale length" if so it's standard 34" scale, if you mean how much shorter is it all together obviously it has no headstock, so several inches short! oooerr mother :)[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Will fit in a guitar case shorter! :lol:
'tis Little Jack Hohner!"

Edited by MB1

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1294822' date='Jul 6 2011, 03:18 PM']I'm assuming you mean the "scale length" if so it's standard 34" scale, if you mean how much shorter is it all together obviously it has no headstock, so several inches short! oooerr mother :)[/quote]

True, I should have been clearer. :)

I meant the length of the bass as a whole, I appreciate that it is at least the headstock shorter, just wondered if the body was any smaller than a typical full sise j or p?

This brings back some memories... I had a passive one of these in this colour when gigging in my first band about 20 years ago, in fact I did my first gig with one.

Fits in a guitar case which means it fits across most car boots unlike standard bass cases which was a big advantage back then when I was driving around in my lime green metro !

A great bass and if it was the lighter (ash ?) colour rather than walnut I'd have it.

[quote name='basskit_case' post='1294849' date='Jul 6 2011, 03:33 PM']True, I should have been clearer. :)

I meant the length of the bass as a whole, I appreciate that it is at least the headstock shorter, just wondered if the body was any smaller than a typical full sise j or p?[/quote]
Perhaps the body is a tad smaller but nothing much really, I will weigh it tomorrow as well.

this is identical to the one I had late 80s/early90s.
awesome sound from the EMG selects.
I bought a 5 string version but the PUs had changed to jazz pick ups - not the same sound.
I also had a fretless steinberger shape version too - great sound.
wish I'd kept my Jack now. lightweight, great sound. really tempted with this......................

My first *good* bass... Amazingly easy to play, light, great variety of sound. With a small adapter, you can use regular, single ball strings, And if you take care of disconnecting the battery LED, the battery can last months, if not years.

Still have it, though not using it much (I became a 6 stringer many years ago).
Bought a 5 string Jack at one point, but didn't like it (muddy B ).

Bump for a fantastic value for money!