Why become a member? ×

What the hell is this?

thedarxide

[quote name='thedarxide' post='148831' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:06 AM']Is the headstock decal right for that bass? I thought they had "Precision bass" in small under the Fender logo?[/quote]

Depends which year they're reissuing, that's a late 60s/early 70s reissue by the looks of things. Fender Japan did a 1970 reissue, didn't they?

[quote name='SJA' post='149837' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:13 PM']and why is there a control cavity cover on the back?????

it was rear-routed for controls and someone's put a scratchplate on it since.[/quote]

Yet another Ebay fraud. I'd ask the seller for a serial number and grass him up if he couldn't provide a plausible one, but recent experience with Ebay has robbed me of the will to live; and frankly, my dear, I can't be arsed.

[quote name='bremen' post='149847' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:35 PM']Yet another Ebay fraud. I'd ask the seller for a serial number and grass him up if he couldn't provide a plausible one, but recent experience with Ebay has robbed me of the will to live; and frankly, my dear, I can't be arsed.[/quote]

There's one in the picture, I used it to check the date. The neck at least, is as old as he says.

• 3 weeks later...

"I had this on ebay before but removed the listing as I found out it had been modified,originally it was a no pick guard model with a rear cover for the pots, it has been altered to a more standard look with a pick guard and had some wood removed where the pots would have been mounted through the body,this does not show as it's under the guard, the jack socket has also been relocated to the pickguard, this also has a factory original second pick up route like a jazz bass so could easily be modified to jazz bass spec. "

changed his story quite a bit from "this is how it left the factory"....