Why become a member? ×

Strating price £8000.00

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-1964-SUNBURST-ALL-ORIGINAL-PRE-CBS_W0QQitemZ160213380118QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-196...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Oh to be so rich that it was small change left in the ashtray of your car......

Edited by originalfunster

[quote name='wmsheep' post='148714' date='Feb 29 2008, 12:03 AM']WOW, that neck is dated 3 days too early for me to be interested (but wouldnt it be so cool to have a bass dated on the day you were born!!)[/quote]

I can beat that - one day early for me!! - if only!!!!!!!

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='wmsheep' post='148714' date='Feb 29 2008, 12:03 AM']WOW, that neck is dated 3 days too early for me to be interested (but wouldnt it be so cool to have a bass dated on the day you were born!!)[/quote]

Indeed. I was thinking of this one for me:

[attachment=6062:double_bass.jpg]

Might be a bit too new though. Shall have to check the date...

Guys,

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the '7' on the neck relates to the model rather than an actual date. I think JUN 64 is as close as it gets to determining a date. The 'A' is then the neck width etc.

So it could be your birthdate after all!!

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='148980' date='Feb 29 2008, 02:55 PM']Guys,

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the '7' on the neck relates to the model rather than an actual date. I think JUN 64 is as close as it gets to determining a date. The 'A' is then the neck width etc.

So it could be your birthdate after all!!

Steve[/quote]

Yes - 7 is the model number not the date. All Jazz bass necks from the early 60s are stamped ''7''. Precisions are all stamped ''5''.