Why become a member? ×

Farida FPB-18 Bass

daz

I have ordered one of these (partly on the advice of Andy from the manchester store and on this forum) I think i may have got the last one in Dawsons stores. I had to buy it at the mad price it was at. Down to £150 from a price that was already cheap at £350. A quality P bass with a swamp ash body and a jazz neck. Let you know more when i pick it up :)

Edited by daz

[quote name='BIG.J' post='1287123' date='Jun 29 2011, 11:07 PM']I have been realy happy with the quality and sound i get from my FJB-20 and it's the bass i use at every gig. Even my Musician has been retired since the Farida arrived.

J.[/quote]

Yes, I too own a Farida FJB 20, thats partly what caused me to buy the FPB 18.
a pic of my Farida FJB 20 Jazz bass

Edited by daz

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up today. The last one in any of the Dawsons chain as far as the asisstant could tell, even he thought they had all gone, so was surprized when i told him what id ordered. The Farida FPB-18 weighing in at 4Kg. With a lovely satin finish that looks good with the natural swamp ash body. Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. The good thing about this model for me is, its a P bass with a Jazz neck. Here a few early pics. Sorry about the quality, my damm camera broke, so these are phone cam pics. Will review next week when i have had a good few hours on it, probably change to flats too after a few days to see whats the diff,.

Edited by daz

• 4 months later...

I have a Farida tele (blonde with maple neck). Spent a fair bit of time in the shop comparing it against a classic vibe tele. Really can't understand how such a geat soundind guitar can be built and sold so cheaply. Seriously, £200 cheaper than the CV, the difference? The Farida is a tad heavier but sound a little "fuller", not quit a true tele shape as with those basses, the lower horn is a little shorter.
Will be at dawsons tomorrow as the mrs wants to try out a couple of flutes. May get distracted though!

Steve_Soar recently set up my two Farida bass. The FPB 18 and the FJB 20. These are absolutely fantastic basses and i dont just mean for the money. Steve, who knows about a thousand times more than me about basses thought they were high quality, especially the top of the range FJB 20.