Why become a member? ×

Mag 410 input

callingltu

[quote name='callingltu' post='1281576' date='Jun 24 2011, 10:09 PM']So this cab has two inputs, but can i connect one to the amp and other one to other cabinet? Are they parallel?
I mean if i connect 4omhs amp to 8omhs mag 410, and then use second input of cabinet to connect second cab, will my amp get 4omhs? :)[/quote]

Yes- provided both cabs are 8Ω you'll get a 4Ω total load.

Compare these two pictures

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=83416"]ABM410[/url]

[url="http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/phsycoandy/IMG_0060-1.jpg"]MAG414[/url]

The ABM has 2 1/4" jacks and a speakon. I'd be more inclined to think that one of those is a link although it isn;t marked as such its more likely, whereas the MAG only has one of each indicating inputs only?

You could always contact AShdown if you're not sure, but from what I can see they're both inputs... You can always get OBBM to make you speaker cable to drive both cabs if your amp only has one output....

Mark

[quote name='callingltu' post='1282009' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:46 AM']Yep they both ar indicated as inputs, but maybe? :)
Damn it, why they dont make manual for cabs[/quote]

If either connection presents the same load, then surely they must be parallel ?

I suspect that, were you to look at the connections inside, you'd find that both (or all three in the case of the ABM cab referred to) are simply teed together in parallel.

[quote name='callingltu' post='1282996' date='Jun 26 2011, 02:15 PM']So i've unscrewed the back plate of cab and it seems that speakers are connected to jack and jack is connected straight to speakon. So that means that i can daisy chain?[/quote]

Yes.
All the sockets are wired in parallel.