Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Clint

This bass is basically as new and hardly played....tuners still have plastic cover on them! I imported it from the USA about 3 years ago but never made much use of it apart from the odd recording.
[u][b]
The Info & reviews:[/b][/u]

Beautifully Sculptured Basses - An exquisite instrument with features typically found on custom basses.

Features:

[list]
[*]8 String
[*]Bubinga Top
[*]Mahogany Body
[*]34" Scale & 1-3/4" Nut
[*]Black Chrome Bridge
[*]Black Grover Tuners
[*]EMG-HZ Pickups w/ Dean 3D Preamp
[*]Dean 2 Piece Anchor Bridge System
[*]Bolt-on Maple & Walnut Neck
[*]Rosewood Fingerboard
[*]Abalone Dot Inlays
[*]24 Frets
[/list]
Dean designers equipped the Rhapsody 8 with a pair of EMG-HZ Pickups and a custom Dean 3D Preamp to accurately reproduce the wide range of tones that come from an 8-string. You'll love the swirling grain pattern of the African Bubinga top and the great dynamic range that comes from select Mahogany body. The bolt-on neck is made of Maple and paired with a 24-fret Rosewood fingerboard. Intonation and tuning could be a nightmare on an 8-string but the Dean 2 Piece Anchor Bridge System and a set of Grover tuners keep the Rhapsody 8 in line.

I have had this bass for about 3 years and with the exception of using it on a few recordings I have hardly used it. Its a beautiful bass and in more or less mint condition but I don't really have no need for it for the bands i'm in.

The bass was has been set up and is easy to play with plectrum or fingers. With this bass who needs a guitarist in the band? ;-)

Edited by Clint

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a go on one of these (or maybe a slightly cheaper model) last night at the local jam night - cracking sound - really big and quite simple to get to grips with, feels odd to start with but you get used to it quickly