Why become a member? ×

effects for live band drum'n'bass

casaluigi

I've had very bad experiences with the digitech synth wah. It tracks awfully for the first 5 minutes of use, and then it seems to warm up and its OK at best. The Boss is excellent synth is excellent and the Qtron+ is also excellent - ind an old style used one for cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got a really sick D&B bass sound out of my Supercollider fuzz going into a Tonefactor 442 analogue filter (which you can now buy as the Boomstick Bottom Feeder). Even though the fuzz compresses the peaks, it's still possible to control the envelope with how much you dig in, and it sounds like a really dark Renegade Hardware style filtered bass synth. Adding octave/modulation/delay to this would be awesome. I'll do some clips alongside drums sometime this weekend!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='223111' date='Jun 20 2008, 05:28 PM']I've just got a really sick D&B bass sound out of my Supercollider fuzz going into a Tonefactor 442 analogue filter (which you can now buy as the Boomstick Bottom Feeder). Even though the fuzz compresses the peaks, it's still possible to control the envelope with how much you dig in, and it sounds like a really dark Renegade Hardware style filtered bass synth. Adding octave/modulation/delay to this would be awesome. I'll do some clips alongside drums sometime this weekend![/quote]

ooh - i'd like to hear some clips

I wish I had a decent way to record clips. I've managed to get some awesome sounds running: Boss OC-2>Modded Russian Big Muff>Mutron III>Atomic Echo Clone (Way Huge Aqua Puss clone)

Sometimes I whack an MXR M-117R reissue Flanger in for good measure :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='223216' date='Jun 20 2008, 08:11 PM']I wish I had a decent way to record clips. I've managed to get some awesome sounds running: Boss OC-2>Modded Russian Big Muff>Mutron III>Atomic Echo Clone (Way Huge Aqua Puss clone)

Sometimes I whack an MXR M-117R reissue Flanger in for good measure :)[/quote]

You can record with pretty much any PC. Get a jack adaptor to turn your big plug into a smaller one and plug it into the mic/line in socket in your computer. There's a sound recorder that comes with windows that will do the job, but there's also loads of freeware audio editors out there! I'm gonna do that clip now whilst the missus is watching Corrie!

Here you go:

P-Bass -> Earthbound Supercollider -> Tonefactor 442 Analogue Filter (bass mod) -> Line6 Lowdown (standard 'rock' preset) -> Soundcard -> T-Racks compression

[url="http://mp3space.com/file/84345/supercollider_-_tonefactor_442-_bass_only"]Bass only[/url]
[url="http://mp3space.com/file/84347/supercollider_-_tonefactor_442-_d_b_mix"]Drum & Bass mix[/url]

I'm after the same thing, just wondering about creating live sub bass for dubstep, me and a DJ mate are trying some stuff out but my bass isn't dubby enough.

Has anyone heard Drumsound & Bassline feat. Skibadee - Big Tings? NASTY bass

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9EkaUOKAvw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9EkaUOKAvw[/url]

If my bass sounded like that, I'd have found tonal BLISS

...noisy bliss

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='180261' date='Apr 19 2008, 01:07 AM']Get Higgie's Monacor way better than any Q-tron I've ever tried[/quote]
Or the EMMA discumbobulator,?
it is really adaptable to finger/pick attack.
Nodd

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='148142' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:27 PM']Since I have my AdrenaLinn III I sold my PodXT + model packs... and I couldn't be happier. :)

I believe AdrenaLinn III is one of most undervalued effect units one the market. The envelope follower is fantastic. Recently, I retired my MXR Bass Auto Q and my Maxon AF-9. The envelope follower of the AdrenaLinn is so versatile that I can get all the envelope follower sounds I want (AF-9 and Auto Q included).

It has a drum machine with 200 programmable drumbeats (all nice and [i]usable[/i]) with synchronized effects. It is small enough to fit in a pedalboard and it has midi in/out with a powerful midi implementation.

couldn’t recommend it enough. I also wrote a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9116"]review[/url] a while ago about it.[/quote]

I joined this site mainly just to thank you for posting this when I was researching effects pedals. I have had a PODxt (sold it then got the Live version) unit for a couple years and although Line6 are great products, it really wasn't doing it for me. Too much fizz and not enough tone so it is probably going to Ebay.

I just got an AdrenaLinn yesterday after watching Roger's demos on You Tube. I scrolled through the presets using my Seymour Duncan equipped Warmoth guitar and it is amazing and inspiring. I was initially looking for that Boss Slicer effect pedal, but fortunately that was backordered. The Adrenalinn is far more musical and it reminds me of some the Cakewalk soft synths like Rapture which sequences can be programmed. Amazing stuff. I will try to do a demo vid on You Tube after I learn more about programming it. I intend to use it direct into Cakewalk recording software or in front of the Kustom Coupe '36 tube amp I just got.

Anyhow thanks for the info Silent Fly, and take care everyone.