Why become a member? ×

I want to ride my bicycle

gub

Last year i got this old 1960s 3 speed ex police bike and spent about a month or so getting it in to working condition and farting around with it (restoring it :) ) i have now started to go to work on it when me man is working away , anyway as i was riding it to work toda and while taking in the sights of the cornish countryside i was comparing it to playing different bass guitars, in that you can spend a fortune on these high end boutique bass`s and do they fulfill you ? or would you get just as much form something much more grass roots and basic ?
I used to ride a bike with about 21 gears and i never used 18 of them !

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1272189' date='Jun 16 2011, 10:35 PM']You can spend bonkers money on an expertly crafted, prestigious branded bike, but it's not going to make you a better cyclist[/quote]

You'd be surprised :)

When you've spent a lot on a bass you feel guilty at not playing it a lot and therefore the additional practice does IMHO make you a slightly "better" player. Any additional practice is a good thing provided you actually make the effort to improve while doing it.

However buying a new cheaper bass also makes you play more so i guess that theory is shot to pieces :)

Now i don't know what to do :)

Cheers
Dave