Why become a member? ×

New Purchase

Metallicat V3.0

So hows the build quality? The only concern i have with the seven is the fact that the bridge is a single line tunomatic, no intonation adjustment. I realise that a seven string bridge would add significant cost, and I can't have my cake and eat it.... that I don't think I've ever intonated a bass in my life anyway :)

Sorry guys still no pics, but I must say my next "new purchase" has got to be a six string.

I absolute love the freedom of the extra strings and it now means I can tootle along to Dream Theater!!

Why another six string?

Well for what I paid the build quality is ok, there is a slight crack in the varnish but it really is barely mentionable. The nut needed a bit of a sand down as it looked liked the strings were used to cut themselves in.
The tone is also not quite there. As a starter six string bass I don't think you can go far wrong however.

Next bass >> Will be when I graduate and I'm looking at a JM2 or possibly a random, depends whats around and whats less then a grand :)

D