Why become a member? ×

Hi from Manchester

killswitch2011

Hi,

I've recently started playing again after over 20 years!!! :0

Surprisingly, I'm not finding it too difficult to pick up the technique again, but I'm finding it physically harder than I expected. Strangely, I seem to be finding it harder to play with a pick, and much easier to play with my fingers - which is the complete opposite of how I used to play previously! Mostly into metalcore/prog metal/anything downtuned these days, which I'm sure will earn me some criticism, but that's life haha.

It will be interesting to see how I progress, especially as I can't read music any more, but I'm ambitious and determined in everything I do, and I'm prepared to work hard :)

[quote name='MB1' post='1269517' date='Jun 15 2011, 12:50 AM']MB1. :)
LOCAL MANCUNIAN WELCOME! :lol:[/quote]

:D

tbh I only joined to see if I could find some information on how to exercise my fingers, so I can play faster, lol, but I think I'm going to hang around - eventually, I may be in a position to contribute something useful, lolz :)

[quote name='LiamPodmore' post='1273956' date='Jun 18 2011, 05:56 PM']And on the 6th day, God created MANchester. Welcome to Basschat, another manc here.

Liam[/quote]

Just back from that Manchester.............loads of promo marketing dolly birds in Market Street!

Hi from another dweller in Mancanistan, like you I'me recently returned to the bottom end after years 'singin ana harpin' and your right the old hands are feelin it a bit. Nice peeps on here, I've bought stuff here and fixed me Thunderbird dive through advice from here.
Welcome aboard
Tim