Why become a member? ×

Minibus for next Month's Bass Bash

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

As it's only a month away, I think it's probably time to think ahead and book a minibus for next month's bash.. That's if there's enough interest from fellow Basschat members down here on the south coast, of course????

As I said before, through some work colleagues, I can hire a bus here in Littlehampton that will seat up to 10 people and have room for a whole load of gear as well! Cost is either £55 per day plus fuel or, it's £0.80 per mile all in.. As it's approx 130 miles from the south coast to Northampton, I figure with detours to pick up and drop people off, maybe the total mileage would be around 300 miles for the whole day.. By that reckoning, it'd be best to pay £55 bus hire and put the petrol in ourselves??

There's no deposit to pay and I'm happy to do all the driving if necessary..though that can be shared too.

If there's not enough interest, then no problem, I'll take the car and my carbon footprint be dammed etc, etc!! But thinking practically I would have thought this idea makes much more sense and offers all sorts of opportunities for a thoroughly childish and silly 'Bad News Tour' style adventure! :)

So, if you're interested, please add your name here.. I'll start it off:

1. Silverfoxnik

Cheers

Nik

I just explained in other thread but I'll make it known here too. I can't commit to wether I can go yet due to my wedding being only 3 weekends after. So it's probably best to not rely on me. If things are on target enough for me to be able to kill a day at bassists heaven then I'll be there :)
Will be able to take my new baby too if I make it woooooohoooooooo !!

[quote name='NickThomas' post='146140' date='Feb 24 2008, 07:20 PM']I just explained in other thread but I'll make it known here too. I can't commit to wether I can go yet due to my wedding being only 3 weekends after. So it's probably best to not rely on me. If things are on target enough for me to be able to kill a day at bassists heaven then I'll be there :)
Will be able to take my new baby too if I make it woooooohoooooooo !![/quote]

Hi Nick,

Obviously, it's a shame to let things like births, weddings and funerals etc, get in the way of the much more important things in life such as basses, bass rigs, basschat and bass bashes, but in this case, we can make an exception!! ;)

Seriously, it'd be great to see you if you can but there'll always be another Bass Bash in September or next spring..However, you only have one wedding day (unless you're related to the Liz Taylor, Liza Minelli side of the species) , so you've got to make it the best it can be..

Hope it goes really well for you and your intended and maybe, we'll see you at the Bash!

Nik

P.S. Al - see you Thursday for that pint :huh:

[quote name='Merton' post='146430' date='Feb 25 2008, 11:02 AM']1. Silverfoxnik
2. Walman
3. Merton

Ta![/quote]
Cheers Mert!

At the moment, there's two other probables, so we have maybe 5 at the moment.. I've got the minibus booked 'on hold' at the moment, and I have until 72 hours beforehand to cancel, so plenty of time still for people to confirm if they want to come along. :)

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='148555' date='Feb 28 2008, 07:00 PM']1. Silverfoxnik
2. Walman
3. Merton

Sorry guys, got to take my name off. My brother plays sax for the 80s sca legends the bEAT - they're playing in Brighton the night before the road trip and he's going to be staying at mine. Next time eh?[/quote]
No problem Isaac - next time it'll be!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dude' post='154306' date='Mar 10 2008, 12:47 AM']Scuse the ignorance, but - what, where & when is BassBash?[/quote]
here you go Dude:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11857"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11857[/url]