Why become a member? ×

Sadly. Sold.

gafbass02

Very, very sad to sell this. I had no intention of ever parting with it, but my circumstances at home have just changed and I need to free up the funds :)

EDIT: Till Monday I'll take £750.

Its the best stingray ive ever played, it simply makes all the others ive owned feel like clunky copies. Its the only bass ive ever owned that the band have DEMANDED I play, and has caused a huge stir among people that come to see me. I even got stopped by a total stranger ina nightclub last Thursday with: ( Im not making this up!)
"You're that guy with the really nice musicman!"

!

This bass is from early (March or April i think) 1992 and is in great condition. There are specific dinks and marks all of which are pictured below. NONE of these affect feel or playability in any way, and cannot be felt.
The bass is a two band EQ with the mute bridge and a hipshot extender and scaller straplocks included. The original tuner and the original black pickguard will also be included. THERE IS NO CASE.

The bass is set up beautifully with a VERY low action, as can be seen in some pics. The neck is glossy and highly figured, with no stickiness at all. The neck is thinner front to back than other stingrays ive played, giving it a smaller, faster feel, it weighs 9lbs and feels very light and dynamic to play.

The G string has NO issues at all and the sound is exactly as you would expect. There really are no issues as far as i can tell. Its simply that good!, and a trult stunning bass that should appreciate in value over time.

As there is no case shipping is very tricky and would have to be at buyers arrangement/cost. Id be happy to remove the neck, but pickup is MUCH preferred.

Im asking £800 for the bass, the hipshot, schaller straplocks, both pickguards and the original tuner.
Its also wearing a new set of elixirs with only a few hours play on them:(

Im in Cheltenham.
PLEASE No trades, I need the cash.

This bass is a total no brainer, its as good as it gets in terms of sound and feel.

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='apa' post='1267396' date='Jun 13 2011, 03:18 PM']Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A[/quote]

yup!!

You wanna try playing it!, I was honestly floored, it was nothing like any ray ive ever played, i had to measure the neck i was so convinced it was a jazz neck!!

shame about the iphone pics, they look much better on the iphone 4 screen lol! Captures the depth of the figuring much better

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1267407' date='Jun 13 2011, 03:23 PM']yup!!

You wanna try playing it!, I was honestly floored, it was nothing like any ray ive ever played, i had to measure the neck i was so convinced it was a jazz neck!!

shame about the iphone pics, they look much better on the iphone 4 screen lol! Captures the depth of the figuring much better[/quote]

I could never do it justice Mate :)

It must realy hurt!!

A

Thats the nuts and I have said it before and and I'll say it again "Thats the best era of Ray, Mute bridge, 2 EQ, Glossy neck. All the best bits of a pre EB but with a six bolt neck and body contours for half the price!" :) I will add one from this era to the collection one day probably after they rocket in price knowing me. The gloss finish necks are so much slimmer than the later ones and I know exactly what you mean, almost like a Fender Strat IMO, Awesome :)

that is, by far, the nicest looking Ray I haver EVER seen - amazing with the see thru scratchplate.
if it was a 5 string i'd be seriously looking thru the bank accounts now.
lovely!

[quote name='MikeBass' post='1267706' date='Jun 13 2011, 06:55 PM']that is, by far, the nicest looking Ray I haver EVER seen - amazing with the see thru scratchplate.
if it was a 5 string i'd be seriously looking thru the bank accounts now.
lovely![/quote]
That is gorgeous!!
I can't make out from the pics; the darker spots on the neck and fret board, is that figuring or dinks?
If it's dinks, how did that happen?

[quote name='thebassman' post='1267745' date='Jun 13 2011, 07:13 PM']That is gorgeous!!
I can't make out from the pics; the darker spots on the neck and fret board, is that figuring or dinks?
If it's dinks, how did that happen?[/quote]

Thats figuring :) it's a Birdseye maple neck with bigger swirls in it too.

Thanks undead :) I'm telling myself it's only a bass and I love my jazz's to keep the old chin up. :lol: