Why become a member? ×

Any ideas how much?

TRBboy

Evening all!

Just wondered if anyone might like to hazard a guess at how much my USA Standard Jazz might be worth. Owned from new ('98) in good condition for age. Couple of dings on the back of the neck. Lake Placid Blue ( V nice!) with rosewood 'board, through-body stringing, brand new Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups fitted and would give the stock pickups with it. I could sell it for less with the original pickups back in, and sell the Dimarzio's seperately. Comes in original hardcase which is a little battered and all the feet have snapped off (still, I'd rather the case take a battering than the bass!)

Answers on a postcard...... :)

[quote name='TRBboy' post='1264289' date='Jun 10 2011, 07:24 PM']Evening all!

Just wondered if anyone might like to hazard a guess at how much my USA Standard Jazz might be worth. Owned from new ('98) in good condition for age. Couple of dings on the back of the neck. Lake Placid Blue ( V nice!) with rosewood 'board, through-body stringing, brand new Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups fitted and would give the stock pickups with it. I could sell it for less with the original pickups back in, and sell the Dimarzio's seperately. Comes in original hardcase which is a little battered and all the feet have snapped off (still, I'd rather the case take a battering than the bass!)

Answers on a postcard...... :)[/quote]Optimistically i would say anywhere between 650 to 750. especially in this colour...as much as i love BC.. you will get a better price elsewhere.. they like em original here so the Damarzios may have to sell seperate im guessing... its a waiting game selling a bass.. Your Jazz is easily worth 800 poss but its what people want to pay... i really cant see why a bass is worth half of its value because a few years have past... but thats the world of bass sales

Edited by bubinga5

USA J Standard prices are all over the show & I think there's a fair amount of 'luck' involved in terms of timing.

If you stick one up for sale and someone is particularly after that colour then it'll sell quickly. At other times a near identical bass can sit for ages because people just assume another one will come along soon :)

I reckon somewhere around the £600 mark would be a decent estimate for a US J in good nick with a bit of movement upwards because LPB & rosewood board is a cool colour combo.

The last few USA J's to sell on the Bay went for : £650, £625, £572, £557, £460 - the last of these was, IMHO down to the fact it had crappy pics, a refusal to ship and not brilliant copy!

Personally the Ultra J's would add to desirability for me but you may not get their full worth if you sell them with the bass. They ought to help it move quicker though :)

If it were me, I`d go with your option of swapping out the DiMarzios, and put the stock pickups back in. It may mean a slight reduction on the price of the Jazz, but you`ll prob easy be able to sell the DMs on here for more than this reduction.

And agree with all, LPB + rosewood - very nice. Tort pickguard would just make this superb.

My 97 Precision is a great instrument, think the late 90s Fenders - the ones I`ve played anyway - are very good indeed.