Why become a member? ×

Early Fender Japanese Jazz Bass Fuji-gen Plant 1984-87 Sold Pending!

ash

Here is my lovely old Fender Jazz Bass its [i]made[/i] rather than [i]crafted[/i] in Japan - although I'm not sure if there is a significant difference. The bass has the nicest neck of any MIJ Jazz I've owned or played, it's very slim and easy to play and in excellent condition. The bass is all original but as you can see there is no scratchplate ( I have one knocking about in a kind of tortoiseshell/red pearloid the holes don't line up but I will include it if wanted). There are no extra routes or structural issues with the bass. The pickups sound great - typical Jazz sound - you know what I mean. The black finish is original but a bit scruffy, there is a significant ding at the bottom of the bass, one on the lower bout (touched up) and near the neck plate (see pics). These are just cosmetic, its obvious someone has tried to buff some flaws to the finish up at some point and in a certain light you can see patches of surface scuffing to the gloss - very difficult to capture accurately in pics especially on a black bass. This bass contains no artificial 'distressing' and has the honorable marks of time rather than the dishonorable marks of a sander! The bass is light - around 8lbs - with a good balance, like many of the earlier MIJ Jazz basses including the JV series the copper earthing strip runs from bridge to treble pickup and is clearly visible. The control route has a copper plate also. The hardware is tarnished and there are spots of rust here and there but all perfectly functional. This is a great bass for gigging and will serve you well! Comes with a gigbag. I'm not after trades on this - looking for 350 pounds - as I'm not sure how much these are going for. Cash preferred but paypal via 'gift' possible I could post within the UK but this would be extra.

[attachment=82214:IMGP2087.JPG]

[attachment=82215:IMGP2071.JPG]

[attachment=82217:IMGP2070.JPG]

[attachment=82218:IMGP2073.JPG]

Edited by ash

[quote name='Stag' post='1263425' date='Jun 9 2011, 11:12 PM']Absolute barg, wont be here long![/quote]

It seems I've underpriced this from your comments and pms however I will stick to the price as I'd like a quick sale - however the price is firm. :)

[quote name='ahpook' post='1263472' date='Jun 10 2011, 12:19 AM']same as my jazz bass - fantastic instrument.

good luck with the sale (tho i doubt you'll need it)[/quote]

Thanks for your PMs and replies to this topic a lot of interest in this so far I need to emphasise the fact that I am willing to post within the UK only at the buyers cost.