Why become a member? ×

Which combo?

chilievans

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times before but please indulge me :)

I'm currently in the process of selling my Ibanez sr500 and roland cube 30 bass combo for £280
As the roland is the only one I have I'm going to be in need of another but the choice is overwhelming

I play all sorts of music but my favourite has to be funk

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what combo i should be looking at?

Edited by chilievans

[quote name='Muzz' post='1263020' date='Jun 9 2011, 06:12 PM']With a bit of judicious searching, £300 should get you a Roland D-Bass 115 combo. Terrific combos for the money, and, as they're not very trendy, a s/h bargain.[/quote]

I have one for sale. Pm sent.

Steve

[quote name='chilievans' post='1262911' date='Jun 9 2011, 04:51 PM']I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times before but please indulge me :)

I'm currently in the process of selling my Ibanez sr500 and roland cube 30 bass combo for £280
As the roland is the only one I have I'm going to be in need of another but the choice is overwhelming

I play all sorts of music but my favourite has to be funk

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what combo i should be looking at?[/quote]
FUNK....SWR MATE,,,,
MAYBE AN OLD BASIC BLACK"...REDHEAD' SILVERADO" THE TUBEY STUFF sh*t HOT!!!! :)

[quote name='Muzz' post='1263020' date='Jun 9 2011, 06:12 PM']With a bit of judicious searching, £300 should get you a Roland D-Bass 115 combo. Terrific combos for the money, and, as they're not very trendy, a s/h bargain.[/quote]
ID AGREE WTH THIS DUDE....BARGAIN!!!!

For gig-worthy sub-£300 combos I'd be looking Trace Elliot or Ashdown ABM all the way, personally - but then I never got into the whole 'lightweight' thing, so I don't know what I'm missing :)

Although, actually - I've seen Edens go for that kind of money, and the ones I've played have been great...

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1265436' date='Jun 11 2011, 10:04 PM']I had a SWR Basic Black and found it to be less than satisfying. Neither particularly 'tubey' nor clear in tone[/quote]
funny that" practically all the stages ive played in europe...(festival circuit..etc) equip with SWR/ampeg
or the like.....maybe hartke....never marshall" or trace"
i will be playing @ the womad festival this year...so i"ll keep my eyes open for the other stuff!!! maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Trace Elliott 4 X 10 combo . . GP11 MKV. for sale for £250. no Offers. A great combo and the punchiest sound. Selling due to switching to guitar.
Call me on 07753461799 if this appeals. Can deliver within reasonable distance or for petrol.

cheers.

Scratch