Why become a member? ×

Keswick Beer festival

ingenius

Hi Guys,
just for info , I went to the Keswick beer festival in the Lake District last week on friday 3rd June, and saw two really good covers bands
1. "The Moobs" really nice sounding bass player ...Jetglow Ricky played with a pick through Ampeg backline. Nice and tight with the drummer playing Foo fighters, Killers , Jam... just a tad too low in the mix, but thats the soundmans job.. who was i but a drunken punter to tell him to turn the bass player up a bit :) ??
2. "Earth Wind For Hire" , again great fingerstyle bass player using what looked like a 5 string EBMM stingray, didnt catch the backline so could have been DI`d. Great disco bass tone covering some Chic, Bernard Edwards etc.
If you were one of these players and member of the Basschat bretheren .. well done.
I couldnt get tickets for saturday 4th so can`t comment of the bands for that night.. anybody else get there ??
For all others its a really great yearly festival of good beer, set against a stunning backdrop which i can highly recommend ... that was my 3rd year there.
regards
Keith M

Nice one Si,
great vibe to it as you say ,which band /s did you play with??
regards
Keith

[quote name='Sibob' post='1258554' date='Jun 6 2011, 04:31 PM']I've played the KBF a few times and was always tremendous fun, such a cool vibe about the whole event!

Si[/quote]

Hats off to you.. the Beer was great this year
regards
Keith

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1258902' date='Jun 6 2011, 08:39 PM']i spent the weekend delivering beer wine ect to the keswick beer festival so never got to go :) still wont be long till cockrock[/quote]

[quote name='ingenius' post='1258933' date='Jun 6 2011, 09:07 PM']Nice one Si,
great vibe to it as you say ,which band /s did you play with??
regards
Keith[/quote]

Band called Tin Soldier, I'm a southener, but the other guys were from Keswick/Cockermouth.
Sam Hinde, Jamie Shill, Simon Thwaites if any of those names ring a bell :)
Think we played 2 years in the row about 6 or 7 years ago

Si

[quote name='ingenius' post='1258389' date='Jun 6 2011, 02:12 PM']Hi Guys,
just for info , I went to the Keswick beer festival in the Lake District last week on friday 3rd June, and saw two really good covers bands
1. "The Moobs" really nice sounding bass player ...Jetglow Ricky played with a pick through Ampeg backline. Nice and tight with the drummer playing Foo fighters, Killers , Jam... just a tad too low in the mix, but thats the soundmans job.. who was i but a drunken punter to tell him to turn the bass player up a bit :) ??
2. "Earth Wind For Hire" , again great fingerstyle bass player using what looked like a 5 string EBMM stingray, didnt catch the backline so could have been DI`d. Great disco bass tone covering some Chic, Bernard Edwards etc.
If you were one of these players and member of the Basschat bretheren .. well done.
I couldnt get tickets for saturday 4th so can`t comment of the bands for that night.. anybody else get there ??
For all others its a really great yearly festival of good beer, set against a stunning backdrop which i can highly recommend ... that was my 3rd year there.
regards
Keith M[/quote]
Are you sure the first band were called the moobs and not the Mass. We have played with the mass a couple of times before and they have a bass player who plays a Ric into an Ampeg with a pick and i know they were playing Keswick beer festival this year. He's a big, well built bloke, shaved head about 50.

The Moobs are from over this way, I think.

I played KBF back in.. Um... 1998-ish. Jolly good fun, it was.

BTW, the band who headlined on the Saturday, the Emerald Thieves, are on the lookout for a new bass player. I could fancy it myself, but I have a bit on at the mo. PM me if anyone wants more info.