Why become a member? ×

Guitars and Bass amps

deanbean502

Im predominately a bass player i could probably contribute as a fair rhythm guitarist

Im thinking of getting me a decent guitar just to jam with however i don't want to buy new amps and all that so i was wondering if i could plug in to my bass head

has anyone done it? what are the sounds like?

[quote name='Wooks79' post='1257260' date='Jun 5 2011, 12:37 PM']That's one of the main reasons I got hol of my sound city b120, use for both bass and guitar, just swap cabs around. I think it sounds good :)[/quote]

you can't go to wrong with that, just make sure you're guitar cab can handle the soundcity, they bust out alot of power!

Acoustic guitars don't sound too bad through bass amps & cabs, especially if they have a tweeter. However electric through a SS bass amp and cab is plain nasty - so much of electric guitar tone is shaped by the amp & cab that it is a very poor compromise. However if you have a decent valve head and a guitar cab with appropriate speakers then that can work well.