Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Status S2 Headless

Guest s2art

Guest s2art

The bass has now sold. Thank you to all for looking and for the kind comments.

:)

I'm selling my neck-through S2 Headless, which is an original model from the mid 80s. It's been back to Status for a complete setup and some cosmetic refurb work. It's in fantastic condition, except for tarnished tuning hardware, which can't be refurbished, according to Rob at Status. It comes in an original Status red flightcase but the foam needs replacing. The foam still protects the bass but it's getting a bit grainy. However, I was reliably informed that I should leave it as is for the time being in case a collector prefers it that way.

The action is extremely low and the bass plays very well indeed.

I can talk to people about it by PM.

Edited by s2art

Sorry to hear your situation and that you can't play the bass anymore - but is that a feeling you've had just recently or for a long time ? I think if it were myself I'd put it somewhere out of sight and come back to it in a few years when emotions aren't quite as raw. I think even if not now, you may regret selling it in the future.

Guest s2art

Thanks for all the nice comments about the bass. I agree it is a great bass but I can't bear looking at it, so it had to go under the circumstance. I spent a long time making the decision to sell it and I'm happy with it. I'll probably end up buying another bass like it one day but that decision will be made knowing what it's about and what it now represents, so it will be a whole new ball game.

Guest s2art

It looks like the bass has sold but I'm waiting for funds to clear next week to make sure.

Thank you to everyone for your interest and comments.

:)