Why become a member? ×

FS : F Bass BN5 fretless SOLD

wombatboter

I bought this a while ago from a fellow BC'er (Pierre G.) since I was always intrigued by these beautiful basses..
I found myself not picking it up too often since I still favour my fretless Pedulla..
Maybe I also have to admit to myself that a fivestring fretless is no longer a thing to have (four seems to be enough for what I do).
This still is a great instrument with a beautiful tone and a nice finish..
It comes with a F-gigbag, an extra set of strings and an F-strap..
Price is 1800 euros..(new these cost around 3000 euros)
Bass can be collected here around Brussels or it can be send..I have a good feedback around here on BC.
Not really looking for trades or it would be a nice Wal fretless (possibly a Pro) with dots between the lines (like on a fretted bass).
Thanks for looking...
Some pictures and a small clip to give an impression (sloppy intonation, could be better ..I know)

i seem to remember the original FS by Pierre mentioned that this bass came from the Gallery in London originally?

If so, I may well have played this when it was there. There can't be many purple BNF5's floating around :)

Anyway, it was a fantastic bass, as was the BN5 I walked away with that day, which KermitNT now has.

If this is the same bass as I played, it's a killer fretless, and I'm sorely tempted :)

Geert is great to deal with too, in case anyone was wondering.

[quote name='Gwilym' post='1252128' date='May 31 2011, 10:16 PM']i seem to remember the original FS by Pierre mentioned that this bass came from the Gallery in London originally?[/quote]
If that's true, I've played it too. Very, very nice to play. Only wish I could afford it.

Andy

[quote name='Antreas' post='1256238' date='Jun 4 2011, 10:00 AM']this is the basic version? this bass has not top? also i see a thumbrest[/quote]

What do you mean with "this bass has not top ?". I'm Belgian so not everything is clear to me, sorry..

[quote name='pierreganseman' post='1256420' date='Jun 4 2011, 01:03 PM']This bass has (if I remember correctly), a center piece in maple and ash wings...

regular BNF5 are very rare with a top, as i don't remember seeing one....

AC5 bass are more commonly known to have a top...[/quote]

I think it indeed looks like maple and ash. This bass is stunning.