Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Status Series 2

deanbean502

For Sale series 2 custom, so I can order a stealth my marriage wont survive another expensive bass.

its a 2008 model in a custom pearlesant blue with standard string spacing.

It has gota slight ding on the top side of the body caused by its previous owner about the size of a small finger nail, nothing much really photographs of this available upon request.

Has absolutely no sign of begin gigged no buckle rash at all and while i have owned only ever been used a handful of times.

Im looking for around £1200 complete with Status hiscox hard case will be gutted when its gone but someones going to get a pearler

Edited by deanbean502

[quote name='deanbean502' post='1247408' date='May 27 2011, 06:07 PM']I may well be selling my series 2 custom so I can order a stealth my marriage wont survive another expensive bass.

Just wondering if there is any interest at the moment its a 2008 model in a custom pearlesant blue with standard string spacing.

It has gota slight ding on the top side of the body caused by its previous owner about the size of a small finger nail, nothing much really.

Has absolutely no sign of begin gigged no buckle rash at all and while i have owned only ever been used a handful of times.

remember guys this is just a feeler would be Im looking for around £1300 complete with Status hardcase if someone comes along with the cash then i will probably sell[/quote]

Hi, I'm looking to buy an S2 headless. Yours looks good, but I feel may be a little overpriced for a used one. I'm contemplating a new one and at approx £1600/1700 I'd probably buy new against a used one at this price. Is there any movement on the price?

[quote name='Rowley Birkin QC' post='1248514' date='May 28 2011, 06:29 PM']Hi, I'm looking to buy an S2 headless. Yours looks good, but I feel may be a little overpriced for a used one. I'm contemplating a new one and at approx £1600/1700 I'd probably buy new against a used one at this price. Is there any movement on the price?[/quote]

What sort of price were you thinking?

I myself want to place another custom order I have had some ideas for my ideal bass, but remember this is a total one off there are no other S2s produced in this colour I think the custom paint alone was £450

It really is superb nothing plays quiet like it and I am in no rush to sell it if that is ultimately decide what to do

make me an offer i can only say no

Hi dean, you make a good point and certainly you have a beauty here: a Status cracker and compared to new, undoubtedly cheap at the price, hence the many admiring views(myself being one). This is no sleight to you: yet I too would gently the float the possibility that a little "budgement" on price might set the wallets pinging. I say this, as recently I obtained from these same hallowed forums a 5-string headless neck-through for around the same equivalent as your price. Mind you, there is also the custom-colour factor of yours...and I for one am nodding in agreement when you say that nothing else plays quite like a Status. Anyway, my tuppenceworth; the very best of.

[quote name='zigmondo' post='1249379' date='May 29 2011, 04:40 PM']Hi dean, you make a good point and certainly you have a beauty here: a Status cracker and compared to new, undoubtedly cheap at the price, hence the many admiring views(myself being one). This is no sleight to you: yet I too would gently the float the possibility that a little "budgement" on price might set the wallets pinging. I say this, as recently I obtained from these same hallowed forums a 5-string headless neck-through for around the same equivalent as your price. Mind you, there is also the custom-colour factor of yours...and I for one am nodding in agreement when you say that nothing else plays quite like a Status. Anyway, my tuppenceworth; the very best of.[/quote]

Quite right zigmondo Im open to sensible offers but i have been having a little think about the price and your 5 stringer was a bargain however, these basses are worth every penny unbelievable playability and superbly versatile range of tones from its 3 band eq and not to mention how sexy it is.

I will leave on hear for a while and see what happens it early days yet thanks for your interest

[quote name='deanbean502' post='1252396' date='Jun 1 2011, 09:47 AM']Wednesday morning bump with price drop!![/quote]

i was the original owner of this bass. the colour is amazing and really tough to do it justice on camera...the paint was expensive but worth it!
all the best with the sale. this one deserves some lovin!

[quote name='al embic' post='1252466' date='Jun 1 2011, 10:53 AM']i was the original owner of this bass. the colour is amazing and really tough to do it justice on camera...the paint was expensive but worth it!
all the best with the sale. this one deserves some lovin![/quote]

Thanks for your kind words dude lets hope it goes soon

[quote name='deanbean502' post='1258645' date='Jun 6 2011, 05:21 PM']Bump again

This is starting to get tedious[/quote]

To be fair I did make you a genuine offer earlier on in this post.....you could have been holding £1100 cash by now and well on your way to your "Stealth". :)

Have a bump on me.

Edited by Rowley Birkin QC

[quote name='Rowley Birkin QC' post='1258715' date='Jun 6 2011, 06:23 PM']To be fair I did make you a genuine offer earlier on in this post.....you could have been holding £1100 cash by now and well on your way to your "Stealth". :)

Have a bump on me.[/quote]

Cheers Rowley

No hard feelings