Why become a member? ×

Pics of CAR Bass's and different colour pick guards.

dave_bass5

Guys.
Im not a great lover of white pick guards so looking to change the one on my new Lakeland CAR Duck dunn.

So id like to see some other CAR bass's with different pick guards if anyone has them.
Im edging towards a brown tort (again) but as this is the first CAR ive owned not sure how it will look.

Cheers.

Cheers guys.
I was going to go for a black one as i have one on my HW1 Jazz but its a darker red so not sure its right for CAR.
Still quite fancy a tort but i dont like the red one much but the white is nice.

Hamster, Is that a gold anodizsed pick guard? I had a MIM 50's classic for a few days last year and liked the anodized pick guard.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='142688' date='Feb 18 2008, 07:30 PM']Nice one Dave. is that a new PG?
I do like the white pearl one but the Black Mirror looks different. whats it made of?[/quote]

I got the black mirror first to replace the very bland white original. It's a very fragile plastic of some sort. I had to be very careful drilling it. Then after I'd has a white pearl on the DJ4 for a while I got to thinking that the same would look good on the DD. I must confess with the white pearl, the blocks and the white binding it looks a bit gaudy, but who cares cos' it sounds great.

[quote name='lwtait' post='142732' date='Feb 18 2008, 08:51 PM']thats one nice looking bass! it would look even better with a precision pickup (ive never been a fan of darkstars), but the pearl with the blocks is SO cool![/quote]

Yeah, ive said that before about the DS.
The DS seems to make it look less classy in my eyes (but we all see things differently) but the white pearl PG looks classy.

Mine has the standard fralin.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='143585' date='Feb 20 2008, 10:42 AM']i think that with a Car bass the classic would be a white pickguard....or at a second choice a gold anodized....
anyway i would prefer a classic white![/quote]

I can live with the white for a while. Im not in a great hurry but i will change it.
Its not that its bad, just that im not used to having something so bright. My Jazz is red although its darker with black PG and i really like the look of it.