Why become a member? ×

Hi Everyone - new player / member

davethebassman

Hi all

I have been taking lessons now for approx 3 months, spent 25 years of trying to play guitar, went from zero to crap in 25 years. Decided to take up Bass and do it properly by having proper tuition. Best decision I made.

Gear List:

Bass rig
Lindo Bass in silver, bought on e-bay
Stagg 25W bass combo amp
Selway 100W bass amp
Carlsboro 15" tuned Cab

Other Misc musical equipment
Behringer Pro 12 channel mixing desk
Sonar Producer 7
Yamaha Keyboard
Yamaha Guitar
Crafter 12 string guitar

I am into lots of different styles of music, including Blues, Rock, Metal, Jazz. Eventually would love to get into a band and gig/record but thats for the future.

[quote name='fatboyslimfast' post='1233262' date='May 16 2011, 04:43 PM']Hi Dave, and welcome - I'm a newbie of about two weeks and completely agree re the lessons!

Edit - BTW, how are you getting on with the Lindo - saw a few on ebay when I was looking for a bass but couldn't find much writeup about them.[/quote]

Hi

I like the Lindo as far as it is a beginners Bass, I paid £60 for it inc postage, it arrived very quickly, packaged well, and after a quick tune up was ready to go. Out of the box it needed the intonation setting, very minor adjustment and the action lowering slightly.

Unfortunately I cannot compare the Lindo with other basses as I have not had much experience with other manufacturers. However that said, I know that in the fullness of time I will be upgrading to a better bass which is active.

hope this helps
regards
Dave