Why become a member? ×

Fender 1976 Jazz Bass ***SOLD***

PauBass

I bought this lovely '76 Fender Jazz Bass from Phsycoandy back in November, it's a great bass but I bought Simon's '66 Jazz bass and this one has to go.
The bass is in the exact same conditions as it was when I bought it from Andy, in his own words and pictures...I hope you don't mind Andy) :)

Great looking 1976 Jazz. All original, bar the scratch plate and the thumb rest, which came out of my bits box.

Pickups are dated '76 as are the pots etc, original chrome pickup and bridge covers including the mute. Finish is fabulous and deep, some very light belt rash on the rear and single small wear mark. The front is as the pictures, with a small wear mark where the peculiar metal scratch plate (which was fitted when I got her) has worn away the finish on the top horn a little where it fits.

At some point the pickup cover has been fitted in the bridge pickup cover position, goodness knows why! so there is one extra lower screw hole in the body (see pic 6) and some wear where the bridge cover mounted to the body( again see pic 6), these are all covered by the bridge chrome cover. There are absolutely no other extra routs or screw holes.

Selling for the same price I paid for it £1775.
Bass located in Hove. Happy to ship at buyers expense or collection from Hove welcome too.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='supabock' post='1231867' date='May 15 2011, 12:47 PM']PM´d[/quote]

PM'd back.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1231875' date='May 15 2011, 12:52 PM']She is indeed drop dead gorgeous, I remember her well. Well worth the investment.

Andy[/quote]

She's gorgeous but , unfortunately, I can't keep both the '66 and this one.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Tom_Strutt' post='1248221' date='May 28 2011, 01:37 PM']If I hadnt just got a 78 this would be mine....

Its a beaut. the guy that buys this will be so scared to put the first mark on it !![/quote]

Thanks! It does look beautiful indeed...and sounds great too!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rayman' post='1258735' date='Jun 6 2011, 06:40 PM']I feel faint......that's truly beautiful. Just how a proper bass should look.[/quote]

Thanks!
It really is a beautiful instrument with an awesome tone too.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1260038' date='Jun 7 2011, 06:21 PM']I would love this......a stingray, a kidney?[/quote]
Not trades this times...although the kidney offer is very tempting :)

[quote name='mr_russ' post='1261098' date='Jun 8 2011, 12:56 PM']What sort of weight is this matey, it's stunning regardless but I'm trying to find a reason not to splash out.

Great set at The Haunt on Sunday by the way, loved your tone too.

R[/quote]
Thanks, I didn't know there was someone else form the forum playing The Haunt gig too, I'd have said hello otherwise.... Nice set yours too and that white 5 P bass looks great!

Not sure how accurate my bathroom scale is, I've just weighted the bass and it's under 10 pounds a bit lighter than another '78 Jazz I have at home if that helps....I don't find it too heavy to be honest, perhaps Phsycoandy can give us a more exact weight.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' post='1261442' date='Jun 8 2011, 04:53 PM']Thanks, I didn't know there was someone else form the forum playing The Haunt gig too, I'd have said hello otherwise.... Nice set yours too and that white 5 P bass looks great!

Not sure how accurate my bathroom scale is, I've just weighted the bass and it's under 10 pounds a bit lighter than another '78 Jazz I have at home if that helps....I don't find it too heavy to be honest, perhaps Phsycoandy can give us a more exact weight.[/quote]

Yeah likewise, only twigged it was you when I saw this ad - really enjoyed your set, great tone out front too.
That Precision 5 is beefy as hell, the low B is excellent too.

I need to check over my finances and have got to shift my Ampeg v4bh before I can do anything, but I'll get in contact soon.

Cheers matey ;D

R

[quote name='mr_russ' post='1262697' date='Jun 9 2011, 02:05 PM']Yeah likewise, only twigged it was you when I saw this ad - really enjoyed your set, great tone out front too.
That Precision 5 is beefy as hell, the low B is excellent too.

I need to check over my finances and have got to shift my Ampeg v4bh before I can do anything, but I'll get in contact soon.

Cheers matey ;D

R[/quote]

Cool, cheers and hopefully. speak to you soon.