Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New,ish Fender Jazz on the way.. Audere pre installed..PICS WOW

bubinga5

[quote name='Clarky' post='1233628' date='May 16 2011, 09:03 PM']Time to start a poll, B5 :)

PS, very nice bass - I have a similar one looks-wise in my Bacchus 62J

[attachment=80137:P1040209.JPG][/quote]
WOW thats a spitting image.. is the Bacchus a passive bass Clarky?

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1233679' date='May 16 2011, 09:37 PM']WOW thats a spitting image.. is the Bacchus a passive bass Clarky?[/quote]
Yep, it is passive - I bought a set of Lollar pickups and a J-Retro to turn it into a super-Jazz but couldn't be bothered to fit them! (J-Retro now for sale :) )

[quote name='Clarky' post='1233688' date='May 16 2011, 09:42 PM']Yep, it is passive - I bought a set of Lollar pickups and a J-Retro to turn it into a super-Jazz but couldn't be bothered to fit them! (J-Retro now for sale :) )[/quote]
Why? u lazy bugger.. the Audere was just pushing wires in to the connector blocks, and connecting the ground.. not sure about the East?

that would have sounded awsome with the Lollars

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1231522' date='May 15 2011, 12:16 AM']I was really disappointed to find that EBMM had stopped doing those colours on the classics in favour of colours that look more like baby sick or Jewish racing gold.[/quote]

Lol, I know what you mean.

I want more pastel coloured basses, not metallic!

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1233704' date='May 16 2011, 09:51 PM']Why? u lazy bugger.. the Audere was just pushing wires in to the connector blocks, and connecting the ground.. not sure about the East?

that would have sounded awsome with the Lollars[/quote]
Partly laziness. Partly as I just acquired wesfinn's awesome Herbie Flowers-inspired '59-alike Jazz (below) and I am not sure I will be keeping my Bacchus

[attachment=80146:DSCN2065.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Very nice indeed, congratulations!! :)
The Audere sounds interesting, I'm thinking of replacing an Aguilar OBP-3 with something else and the Audere is high on the list - never tried one out though. Would be interesting to hear some more reflections on it once you have played it some more.

Definitely agree that magic stuff can happen with the right pre in a jazz. :) :lol:

[quote name='Clarky' post='1233725' date='May 16 2011, 10:04 PM']Partly laziness. Partly as I just acquired wesfinn's awesome Herbie Flowers-inspired '59-alike Jazz (below) and I am not sure I will be keeping my Bacchus

[attachment=80146:DSCN2065.jpg][/quote]
Very nice.. that is sweet.. really like that..

[quote name='BB3000S' post='1233739' date='May 16 2011, 10:13 PM']Very nice indeed, congratulations!! :)
The Audere sounds interesting, I'm thinking of replacing an Aguilar OBP-3 with something else and the Audere is high on the list - never tried one out though. Would be interesting to hear some more reflections on it once you have played it some more.

Definitely agree that magic stuff can happen with the right pre in a jazz. :) :lol:[/quote]
Doesnt touch your LPB Jazz BB.. that is one crackin jazz bass

[quote name='Clarky' post='1233725' date='May 16 2011, 10:04 PM']Partly laziness. Partly as I just acquired wesfinn's awesome Herbie Flowers-inspired '59-alike Jazz (below) and I am not sure I will be keeping my Bacchus[/quote]

Oh please don't sell the Bacchus Clarky! Ever since I sold my Woodline turbo 5 about 3 years ago I've told myself I'd get another one day. Funnily enough it had a J retro in it!

You'll regret it!

[quote name='MythSte' post='1233809' date='May 16 2011, 11:17 PM']Oh please don't sell the Bacchus Clarky! Ever since I sold my Woodline turbo 5 about 3 years ago I've told myself I'd get another one day. Funnily enough it had a J retro in it!

You'll regret it![/quote]
Well I do have 4 basses and soon to be 5 :)

Mind you Mrs C won't let me sell the Bacchus as she likes the colour ( :) , she insists on calling it "minty)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1233825' date='May 16 2011, 11:39 PM']Well I do have 4 basses and soon to be 5 :)

Mind you Mrs C won't let me sell the Bacchus as she likes the colour ( :) , she insists on calling it "minty)[/quote]

Tell her I'll look after it? That way your not getting rid of it, but with the incoming one you'd have to buy a new stand! I hear they're costing anything up to £5k these days. Be cost effective Clarky!