Why become a member? ×

wilkinson tuners

cycrowave

I stuck a set of black ones on my fretless Jazz, i wanted good, solid quality but on the cheap.
That's pretty much what they offer, better than cheapies that cost just a tenner less. Very stable, well made, no-nonsense tuners.

One thing to watch is that the baseplates are very big on the Fender style ones. On my Mighty Mite neck it was a bit of a squeeze. The D and G baseplates are actually touching - i didn't drill the holes btw! Still they all fit on ok though so not to worry.

I'd say go for it, i can't think of any new elephant ear tuners out there that offer the same quality for £25 or less.

Giving my Epiphone Flying V a makeover at the moment and just a set of black Wilko mini Gotoh style tuners on - £24 plus postage.

Really solid and surprisingly well made. As a straight swap for the originals, the only problem was the single fixing screw is in a different place on the Wilkinson tuners, so 4 small but unsightly holes on the back of the headstock.

A small thing that a little wood filler and some black gloss/lacquer will fix.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1228812' date='May 12 2011, 01:52 PM']One thing to watch is that the baseplates are very big on the Fender style ones. On my Mighty Mite neck it was a bit of a squeeze. The D and G baseplates are actually touching - i didn't drill the holes btw! Still they all fit on ok though so not to worry.[/quote]

I had this issue, ended up grinding off one edge, and a corner poked out from the headstock on one a tiny bit.