Why become a member? ×

Am I missing something here?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARWICK-CORVETTE-STANDARD-ASH-GERMAN-USED-CASE-/110680476521?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19c5120b69#ht_1900wt_910"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARWICK-CORVETTE-STA...9#ht_1900wt_910[/url]

Firstly, it's not a $$ as stated in the title, although that's reasonably obvious.

But £999 used? Couldn't you have a new one for that - with change left over?

EDIT: obviously not a German made new one, but I don't think that quite explains it...

And people say the Warwick market is on the down!

Am I genuinely missing something here or is he just trying it on?

Edited by Maverick

Yes, £999 is rather unrealistic. I guess this is a small music shop that doesn't have much experience or expertise with Warwicks. The references to $$ and to Korea suggest they're not really sure what they've got.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1225537' date='May 9 2011, 08:40 PM']Looking at the completed listings there are some 'good' prices depending on your point of view. It dose seem an unpredictable market.[/quote]

Aye, I just thought this one was bonkers. Actually, I would say the prices of Corvette Standards seem to be on the up a bit lately, although that could just be down to the fact that there seems to be fewer of them on the market and a lot more Corvette $$s atm.

[quote name='ahpook' post='1224895' date='May 9 2011, 11:13 AM']totally unrealistic expectations there...

the market price for warwicks is rock-bottom at the moment.

edit: and yes...it's not a $$

(bit slow on the uptake today)[/quote]

it's not rock bottom, rock bottom was a year or so ago, they are creeping up now.
And outwith basschat they didn't crash as far either.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1226124' date='May 10 2011, 01:16 PM']it's not rock bottom, rock bottom was a year or so ago, they are creeping up now.
And outwith basschat they didn't crash as far either.[/quote]

prolly sold my $$ too soon then...aaah well, i still have my fortress and my streamer std.

oh and thank you..."outwith" - you've just improved my wordpower :)

[quote name='ahpook' post='1226138' date='May 10 2011, 01:27 PM']prolly sold my $$ too soon then...aaah well, i still have my fortress and my streamer std.

oh and thank you..."outwith" - you've just improved my wordpower :)[/quote]

:) some scots for ya