Why become a member? ×

Hello from Liverpool

JakeFoordBass

Hello Everybody!

Just getting into this Bass Chat malarky and enjoying it!

I've been playing for around 12 years now, starting with rock like most "because a band needed a bass player" but then realised bass was the superior instrument to everything else!

I'm now playing lots of Funk/Soul/Latin and Folk/Acoustic and loving it!

Gear wise, I'm only just getting back into the gear geekery and loving it. I have a 5 string Jazz Deluxe (always interested in 5 string Jazz hybrids if people are getting rid) which I play through an Ampeg Rocket and sometimes a clapped out homemade cab with a Warwick head. Also have an NS NXT5 EUB (my old aria swb lite one EUB on the marketplace). Got a sansamp bass driver DI and T.Rex Squeezer, not much into pedals otherwise!

Bands wise check out:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/6ixtoys"]6ix Toys[/url]

And:

[url="http://www.paxrecords.com"]Orquesta Buenos Tiempos[/url]
Which was recorded partly in Cuba with Mongo Santamaria's nephew Roberto, which was awesome!

For most recent stuff.

Have toured all over the place, as far as China and regularly gig in Europe.

Love the lowend and love playing music full stop!

Thanks for having me!

Jake

Edited by JakeFoordBass

Alright Jake, it's Liam from LIPA :) Hope you're well mate, saw you were doing a few open mic nights round town @ Noble House? May well pop down and say hello!

For the rest of you chaps, Jake is a marvelous bass player, his band 6ix Toys are well worth looking out for if you're in and around the Liverpool area, severe funk of the highest caliber!

Edited by risingson

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1220123' date='May 4 2011, 06:33 PM']Haluha for Birkenhead. :)[/quote]

Nice to see you found a recent photo for your avatar, Steve!

Greetings from Chester - where you can still shoot Welshmen before 9pm (albeit with a bow and arrow)!

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Let's get some sort of Scouse power going on this thing!

Hi Liam, how's tricks? Yeah, doing an Open Mic at The Noble House on Brunswick Street every wednesday! Come down and have a play sometime, it's a great space! Giving the NS it's first road test there next week.

Big Bassy love y'all!

Jake

[quote name='JakeFoordBass' post='1220450' date='May 4 2011, 11:52 PM']Hi Liam, how's tricks? Yeah, doing an Open Mic at The Noble House on Brunswick Street every wednesday! Come down and have a play sometime, it's a great space! Giving the NS it's first road test there next week.[/quote]

Nice, saw you had your old electric upright for sale and was tempted but alas, zero cash. I missed tonight but I'll get down next Wednesday, sounds promising.

[quote name='risingson' post='1220466' date='May 5 2011, 12:09 AM']Nice, saw you had your old electric upright for sale and was tempted but alas, zero cash. I missed tonight but I'll get down next Wednesday, sounds promising.[/quote]

I might meet you lot down there for a pint if you'll have me! Get to know your local mod or something! :)

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1220253' date='May 4 2011, 08:39 PM']Nice to see you found a recent photo for your avatar, Steve!

Greetings from Chester - where you can still shoot Welshmen before 9pm (albeit with a bow and arrow)![/quote]My Tommy Gun wants a word with you.