Why become a member? ×

Flatwounds? Can you tell me what they are?

thebrig

After trying many brands of flats over the years, I have found the set I really like.

Problem is, I fitted them around six months ago, and I cannot remember what make they are.

Is there anybody out there who recognises them?

They have terracotta wraps on them.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1217236' date='May 2 2011, 09:41 AM']That's definitely terracotta rather than red? It's not a trick of the camera?[/quote]
Most definitely terracotta (flower pot colour), which hopefully, should make them easier to recognise.

[quote name='graz66' post='1217260' date='May 2 2011, 10:06 AM']Think they could be La Bella Deep Talkin Flats. I 've recently fitted some to my G&L Tribute L2000, they have the same terracotta coloured threads and they sound awesome :)[/quote]
Which Deep Talkin's have terracotta?

760FL = red
760FS = black
760M = blue
760N = purple

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1217290' date='May 2 2011, 10:28 AM']La Bella Deep Talkin' Flats 760FX have orange/terracotta silks.

They are extra light 39-56-77-96. Does that sound convincing?[/quote]
Thanks mate, I guess that's what they are, as I've just found the old packet for them.

They are great sounding strings IMO.

Thanks for all the help guys, it's taken just over an hour to solve the mystery.

I new I could rely on you Bass Chatters out there.

[quote name='graz66' post='1217311' date='May 2 2011, 10:52 AM']Mystery solved :) I was going to add that there is no silk thread at the bridge end of the string, if that helped at all :)[/quote]
No silk thread at the bridge end, so definitely La Bella Deep Talkin' Flats 760FX.

Cheers everyone.