Why become a member? ×

Marshall MB 4410... PROBLEMS...HELP PLEASE!

MiK3 STRAT MAN

Ive had this combo about a year now, but recently ive encountered buzzing noises everytime I use it, like a really overdriven sound. Im not an electronics whizz, norr am I an expert at amps in any way. I know the MB series isnt the best bass amp around but ive had cheaper amps that have lasted alot longer. Has anybody else had this issue?

The buzzing cuts the main sound out while playing the bass, and does it on both the modern and vintage channels.

Is it something simple that I can fix at home, or is it a goner?

Thanks for any help!

Mike

i had this on an MB amp and it was the return input (or maybe send) stick a stereo jack in and see if it stops it, not that easy to replace either, in fact nothing is easy to replace on those amps whch doesn't help cos they're notoriously unreliable dogs :)

i got rid of mine

oh yeah, from memory the pot on the back has a similar cut out effect too, not sure if the combo has that or what it actually did, but it shorts out

Edited by slobluesine

[quote name='MiK3 STRAT MAN' post='1216793' date='May 1 2011, 07:30 PM']Im not an electronics whizz, norr am I an expert at amps in any way. Is it something simple that I can fix at home, or is it a goner?[/quote]
If you don't know what you're doing, don't open the amp up. It's probably not a goner - just take it to an amp tech and get them to have a look at it.

Recommended amp tech thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=198"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=198[/url]

Edited by skankdelvar

From my dealings with Marshall, you shouldn`t have any problems. I`ve always had great customer service from them. I had a 2nd hand amp that I`d bought serviced up there, and as there was nothing that needed doing, there was no charge - how many companies do that?

Depending on how near you are to Bletchley, it could be worth taking it there personally, and getting a tour round the factory, whilst they look at the amp. Just need to pre-book it.

A friend of a friend works at Marshall, and informed me that when the MB range was received into Bletchley, initially it was just put out for retail, however they then got reports of faults etc. As such, they then, with every new batch, had to open them up, and check/fix the shoddy workmanship. So, anyone who has had a problem, its probably from the first lot that was thought to be ok.

Apparently the guys at Marshall weren`t too pleased with the MB range, as they literally had to redo them, before they put them all out . Still, once its sorted, it will be ok from then on.

From the MB range, I`ve had 4210 Combo, 450 Head, 410 Cab, 115 Cab, 15 combo. Never had problems with any of them.